Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania issues...

Options
  • 30-08-2010 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

I ordered a pair of headphones off Pixmania a few weeks back. It was meant to arrive within 10 days and nearly 3 weeks later there's no sign of them.

They claim the information received from the carrier says it was in fact delivered, which is a load of bollocks, no notice left or anything. Since there's no tracking number it's hard to prove anything.

They're now asking me to fill out this -

"I, the undersigned, declare on my honour that the parcel N° 00140285.
    sent by Pixmania on 10 / 08 / 2010 was not delivered to the following address:

Town .....................................................
    Date ..........................................................................

Signature

This affidavit should be duly completed and signed, and sent along with a a legible photocopy of the addressee's I.D."

What do they even want for I.D.? I don't have an I.D. aside from a college I.D. And no identification I have has my current address on it to the best of my knowledge.

I find this amount of hassle frustrating for a small item but I can't afford to piss €35 down the drain either. I wanted a new pair of headphones relatively quickly so it's very awkward for me at the moment using a pair that don't properly fit. I've already ordered a replacement for cheaper off eBay.

What can I push on them to make sure I get a refund? Should I go straight for the Paypal dispute?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Paypal dispute would be an option. Or just photocopy your college ID, and blank out your student number, and include it. It doesn't say that the ID must have an address on it anyway.

If there was no tracking number, then they can't possible have confirmation of delivery from the delivery agent. This is just lies, which is not at all surprising from Pixmania. Their customer service is probably the worst you'll ever find among any Internet retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Don't sign a thing. You will notice from wording in the form that it states that they say it was "sent by Pixmania on 10 / 08 / 2010" but this may not be true at all so do not sign anything.

PoxMania did the same thing to me except I wasn't asked to sign anything. They told me the item was dispatched and they gave me a tracking number. I contacted the courier to confirm that the tracking number was never activated. Apparently companies can block purchase tracking numbers but they won't become active until the company pay up and have the item dispatched, and in my case nothing was dispatched.

I hassled then every day for 3 weeks and threatened legal action and in the end they actually got off their useless asses and dispatched the item.

Lesson: Sign nothing & give them hassle, hassle, hassle & more hassle until you get what you want. Oh, also make sure to keep a record of names, it will help.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

I actually got a notice today, didn't see it at first.

However the item took one day short of a full 3 weeks to arrive... if I had something from japan take this long, I'd be getting worried. I'm not too pleased with this at all as I've ordered a second pair in the interim.

Not a big deal though to be honest, I get through headphones pretty quick, but still a bit pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

dont pixmania ship through DHL? because then they HAVE to have a tracking number. have you tried ringing the courier directly yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Sandvich wrote: »
    I ordered a ..... off Pixmania...

I'll be honest. From what I've noticed over the past year or so, this was your first mistake. Anything after that was incidental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Yeah would agree with RangerR, Pixmania has to be the worst company I have dealt with and will never deal with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

RangeR wrote: »
    I'll be honest. From what I've noticed over the past year or so, this was your first mistake. Anything after that was incidental.
    So so so true.

They are so bad, you would think they are actually going out of their way to be bad, just for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

I ordered a media player from Pixmania last weekend. I didnt have a delivery number on Monday afternoon and called the helpline. Surprise! I was talking to an actual human within a minute or two. The device was delivered by UPS on Tuesday with no problem at all. Very happy with the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I ordered some RAM on the 21/08/2010 (Saturday) and today is the last to in the 10 days they said it would take to get here, if its not here at the end of the day I`ll ring them on Monday. They have`nt given me a tracking number, all I got from them was two e-mails, 1) Confirming me of my order, 2) Thanking me for my order and wanting me to answer a few question to help improve the quality of their website.

Funny thing is I order a lot of things off of Amazon and I ordered something on 28/08/2010 (Saturday) and there was a package sent from the states on that same day and they both arrived by 02/09/2010 (Thursday)!

I wont be ordering anything else off them from now on!! :mad:

Where do they ship from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

lewis wrote: »

Where do they ship from?

Seems to be HELL :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Well the delivery never arrived so I`ll be calling them on Monday, bad service..

Advertisement