Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi PC 05th Sep €499.99

• 30-08-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

New Aldi PC 05th September €499.99 3 Yr warranty
    AMD Athlon II X4 620 Quad Core
    ATI Radeon 4200
    3Gb DDR3 SDRAM
    DVD/CD Burner
    Wireless Lan 802.11n/Ethernet Lan 1000 MBit/s
    1 TB Hard Drive
    Flash Card Reader
    eSATA Connection
    8 Channel HD Audio
    windows 7 Home Premium
    Usual Connection including Firewire, HDMIx1, USBx6

As usual pity about the Graphics Card. No link up yet on Aldi site - copied from the instore promo magazine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ya the parents got the last one that was out in aldi like a month ago (pretty much the exact same) its no good for gaming etc. but for general use its brilliant as its quick to start up and pretty quick all round for general browsing etc. one problem ive had with it was with the wifi adapter (it seems to be inside the case with no antennas) not picking up a strong wifi connection or giving limited connectivity but tbh im not sure if this is windows 7 or the pc. overall its a grand pc for the average user

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

Is it a laptop or desktop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Its a desktop. The only really decent component is the Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620 Quad Core. I wonder can you upgrade the GFX Card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

kmick wrote: »
    Its a desktop. The only really decent component is the Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620 Quad Core. I wonder can you upgrade the GFX Card?
    you would need to know what psu was in it to answer that i would of thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

The last one was 400W some details here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055784998&page=9

Seems it would be fine to run a mid range GFX. I think I will try and pick one up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement