Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BapCo??

Options
  • 30-08-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Looking for some help.

I have to spec some computers for a tender. I am not allowed specify that I want i5's with an upgrade cost to i7's. Instead I have to specify a BapCo score based on Sysmark 2007.

Does anybody know where I can get the BapCo score for these processors, or even what the BapCo score is for these processors?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It is a system benchmark not specific to processors, there are some example scores on the BapCo website, how to make sense of the numbers relative to somebodies actual hardware needs, not a clue :p. Seems a strange tender requirement.

http://www.bapco.com/support/fdrs/SYSmark2007web.html

EDIT: i7 Review that uses it here: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2333771,00.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SYSmark

SYSmark is an application benchmark so there are no specific synthetic or apps tests to measure individual components. So you can't add them up like i5+WD drive+4GB RAM = 213 SYSmark...

The apps run across the whole system and generate a FDR which is needed for a tender. Tenders requiring a SYSmark score are very common, most EU governments require it so to stop purchasing being based on brand e.g. Intel vs AMD. The idea is best score wins.

The SYSmark score will vary by memory, drives, CPU's etc. Some components are more score sensitive than others. In essence, Adobe products will run differently and use different resources to MS products so the score reflects the whole PC (there's like 17 apps and the test takes a reasonable amount of time to run them all).

Anyhow, the BAPCo website will give a broad overview of score that have been obtained but if the tender says you need a number then the only way to get this is too run the benchmark.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement