Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good cause I could give an almost new bed too?

Options
  • 30-08-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

I have an as good as new double bed that doesn't fit in the room it's in so I need to find it a new home. I could sell it but I'd be happy to give it for free to someone/ some place that needs a bed.

I've tried adverts.ie but there seems to be a problem registering my account so I'm stuck waiting to hear back about that. I've tried St Vincent De Paul but they'll only take a bed in new plastic covering. I honestly would only give it away if I knew it was in 100% excellent condition. Oh and I'd need them to pick it up.

Is there any other place in Galway that you can donate a bed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

your boards.ie account would be the same as your adverts.ie one. You should be able to just go to adverts.ie and place an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭georgem25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Maybe try COPE Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you want to give it away not sell it, google Galway freecycle: easy to join and good at getting rid of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 frantic

I have an as good as new double bed that doesn't fit in the room it's in so I need to find it a new home. I could sell it but I'd be happy to give it for free to someone/ some place that needs a bed.

I've tried adverts.ie but there seems to be a problem registering my account so I'm stuck waiting to hear back about that. I've tried St Vincent De Paul but they'll only take a bed in new plastic covering. I honestly would only give it away if I knew it was in 100% excellent condition. Oh and I'd need them to pick it up.

Is there any other place in Galway that you can donate a bed?

have you still got the bed? will take it off your hands if mattress ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Offer it to a local amateur or pro theatre company and see if they have use for it? Often the larger ones have storage. Blue Teapot would be a recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Xiney wrote: »
    your boards.ie account would be the same as your adverts.ie one. You should be able to just go to adverts.ie and place an ad.

Adverts has had a problem with passwords with special characters so if the OP has special characters in his password he may not be able to login. Not sure if the issue has been resolved yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

inisboffin wrote: »
    Offer it to a local amateur or pro theatre company and see if they have use for it? Often the larger ones have storage. Blue Teapot would be a recommendation

Sorry it's gone now. Boards.ie was instrumental in finding it a good home so I was happy. :)

Thank you for the replies everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Boards helps another bed find a new home :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement