Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graffiti on the North Quay

• 30-08-2010 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

The rockface is a bit of craic but they are taking it too far now with their graffiti on the Ard Ri and now on the North Quay buildings. If these fools think this is South Kilkenny then perhaps the graffiti removal bill should be sent to Kilkenny Co. Council.

Fuck off and vandalise your own town and county.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Spotted this meself last week. Painting the same bit of rockface is all for the craic, but its getting ridiculous now. Waiting for someone to pipe up with "Oh sure its going to be demolished anyway".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Can someone post a photo, I'm away until next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

dayshah wrote: »
    Can someone post a photo, I'm away until next weekend.

Just seen it there,and its not even worth taking a photo,the stand alone building in the middle of the wharf just has the big words "South Killkenny Kteam" painted all along it,pretty sad really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

inyfxs.jpg
    the best I could take :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

This is taking it to the point where it's just vandalism. I can see this becoming very messy if it continues to escalate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I agree,

I was behind the rock taking it as a laugh but a line has been crossed IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just seen it there,and its not even worth taking a photo,the stand alone building in the middle of the wharf just has the big words "South Killkenny Kteam" painted all along it,pretty sad really.
    South KilKenny Kteam....
    South KKK Team
    RACISTS!!!:eek:

LOL. I've always suspected :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

explains the hordes of flanno wearing good old boys in pickup trucks coming over the bridge and 'takin ur jerbs' :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The KK team eh? Rather over the top for a bit of a hurling game, no?

I hear that one such group went into an estate with balaclavas on and started at the house owner as they drove past. They refused to put up KK flags cause she is a Deise woman.

Completely over the top and people like this need less attention and a good firm kick up the backside.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    The KK team eh? Rather over the top for a bit of a hurling game, no?

I hear that one such group went into an estate with balaclavas on and started at the house owner as they drove past. They refused to put up KK flags cause she is a Deise woman.

Completely over the top and people like this need less attention and a good firm kick up the backside.

Theres a picture in the munster of the "k-team" its actually a fella in a balaclava driving a van with the k-team lettering on the door in the same font as "the A-team" :confused:

On another note and i know this might sound a bit petty but theres a Killkenny flag hanging from a window in the Waterford tax office on the Glen..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Theres a picture in the munster of the "k-team" its actually a fella in a balaclava driving a van with the k-team lettering on the door in the same font as "the A-team" :confused:

People like that should not be receiving media attention IMO. Whats described, seems very like what was described to me. Should have been reported to the Gardai tbh.

I thought wearing balaclava in public was illegal anyway? OR attracted unwanted attention?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

is the grafitti on the quay gonna get covered up does anyone know...? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

grafitti on the wall should say were magic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

grafitti on the wall should say were magic :)

Past tense. I like it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I thought this K-Team would be a group of teenagers. If this goon is driving around in an easily identifiable vehicle then hopefully he will be caught if he does more graffiti.

I thought this K-Team would be a group of teenagers. If this goon is driving around in an easily identifiable vehicle then hopefully he will be caught if he does more graffiti.

Well here is the picture,and from the looks of it there all grown men.

The K-team.jpg

This surely can't be the same group as Sully mentioned or that did the Graffti could it?

I mean more shame on the munster for not calling the guards on them.

Theres two pictures of them in the Munster at the Piltown show,heres the second one.Seems the woman is the only one who is man enough to show her face.

The K-team 2.jpg

Theres even an interview in todays Irish mirror with the leader of the team,who openly says that they have been going around painting footpaths walls etc in the county colours.

EDIT: Just found thereFaceBook page ,oh my god just read the info.

EDIT AGAIN: Just going through there PICTURES ,and they more or less admit to painting the building down the quay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I think Mt Misery is a bit of fun, and I'm all for flags and bunting. But painting pavements all seems a bit too Loyalist for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Theres two pictures of them in the Munster at the Piltown show,heres the second one.Seems the woman is the only one who is man enough to show her face.

The K-team 2.jpg

Theres even an interview in todays Irish mirror with the leader of the team,who openly says that they have been going around painting footpaths walls etc in the county colours.

EDIT AGAIN: Just going through there PICTURES ,and they more or less admit to painting the building down the quay.
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah that's all a bit too much now in fairness. Hopefully the cops catch them in the act some night. If not the cops, I think it could get to the stage where some others might be trying to catch them at it. It's vandalism at this stage like.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

The K-team 2.jpg

If your men are as ugly as your women i would not blame them for wearing balaclavas.They should rename the paper the MONSTER EXPRESS.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

well the facebook info connects them to the-k-team.org and the registered owner of that domain is [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ballyhale Shamrocks GAA. That makes it a little easier to locate the clowns.
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Met him coming through Mooncoin a short time ago and he was putting on his balaclava while driving with no hands on the wheel (and obviously no sight while putting it over his head).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

came across these K-team fools in there jeeps while doin security last weekend up at the iverk show the garda that was stood beside me was,nt too impressed by the fella at all when he stopped lookin for directions wearing his balaclava

It was bound to happen The W-team :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

oh christ, ive just read about this whole "k team" stuff now. I cant believe that someone has gone to that effort, making tshirts,hoodys and balaclavas. Bit much isnt it?

And that facebook page...speechless, there are no words...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-K-Team/135162993187884#!/photo.php?pid=187568&o=all&op=1&view=all&subj=135162993187884&id=100000795452780&fbid=144775595558955 someone has too much time on their hands, seriously.

michellie wrote: »
    oh christ, ive just read about this whole "k team" stuff now. I cant believe that someone has gone to that effort, making tshirts,hoodys and balaclavas. Bit much isnt it?

And that facebook page...speechless, there are no words...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-K-Team/135162993187884#!/photo.php?pid=187568&o=all&op=1&view=all&subj=135162993187884&id=100000795452780&fbid=144775595558955 someone has too much time on their hands, seriously.

It really is sad,just to quote two of the k-teams comments on that pic "no mistake Conor , its all correct . We will have diversions for the ships to Belview port in Slieverue Co Kilkenny and shuttle busses to and from all villages . Come and join in the party Kilkenny style ." "and yeah baby . Now thats what were talking about" ,from what i can make of it these are all adults and they are going around like that,and the kk folk are loving it all,words really cant describe it,and im sure a few of the k-team are reading this thread and thinking to themselves "ah jaysus the blaas are really going nuts over this,i wonder what else we can do",well lads you can cop the fcuk on and grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Oh its just pathetic!

Advertisement