Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graffiti on the North Quay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

michellie wrote: »
    someone has too much time on their hands, seriously.

says your one trawling through kilkenny pages on facebook and posting in the waterford city forum where every 2nd thread is about kilkenny.

I come on here most days to see if theres anything new in Waterford City but ye must have no pride in what ye have this side of the bridge if all ye can talk about is your neighbours.

Ye must have sore necks from looking over the river your whole life
    im sure a few of the k-team are reading this thread and thinking to themselves "ah jaysus the blaas are really going nuts over this,i wonder what else we can do",well lads you can cop the fcuk on and grow up.

richie, its only a bit of toungue in cheek fun playing on the fact that waterford port is in kilkenny. There not really going to try hijack the tall ships ffs, the fact that ya take it seriously and come on here and get so wound up about it is pretty sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

lads, tis only a bit of craic!

I think the port thing is quite funny actually & it only shows that them across the bridge are jealous of Waterford & the tall ships race. to which they are more than welcome to come and enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

gobo99 wrote: »
    says your one trawling through kilkenny pages on facebook and posting in the waterford city forum where every 2nd thread is about kilkenny.

I come on here most days to see if theres anything new in Waterford City but ye must have no pride in what ye have this side of the bridge if all ye can talk about is your neighbours.

Ye must have sore necks from looking over the river your whole life

Im not trawling through it, Im reading it cos its on the forum, which im entitled to do, BIG difference.

Go to specsavers love(every 2nd thread about kk??) Most people dont give a crap.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

richie, its only a bit of toungue in cheek fun playing on the fact that waterford port is in kilkenny. There not really going to try hijack the tall ships ffs, the fact that ya take it seriously and come on here and get so wound up about it is pretty sad.

Ah come on boy if you actually think that i thought they were going to hijack the tall ships,jaysus thats a good one fair play to you :)

I'm not getting wound up about it i couldn't give two ****.s about the k-team or any of the vandalism that they do in there own county,but when they start to vandalise Waterford then yes i do care.

michellie wrote: »
    Most people dont give a crap.:rolleyes:
    i couldn't give two ****.s about the k-team
    if this were true ye wouldn't be on their face book page. and ya can have your rolly eyes back and all:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

if this were true ye wouldn't be on their face book page. and ya can have your rolly eyes back and all:rolleyes:

Just because i dont care doesn't mean im not interested,and im not on there Facebook page as you say, Facebook is for anybody thats wants to use it so if i want to look at there page ill look at it.

Just because i dont care doesn't mean im not interested,
    this makes no sense
    and im not on there Facebook page as you say, Facebook is for anybody thats wants to use it so if i want to look at there page ill look at it.
    I never said you were a fan of the page, but ya must have been on the page if you read it!

Yes of course i was on there page however else would i have known about it.

Look boy we are just going around in circles now,you like the k-team fair enough,their is no point coming on here and defending them,it is the Waterford section after all,and the majority of people on here won't agree with your thinking,so whats the point.

So it is probably just best to leave things as they are.

To quote WOPR, “the only winning move is not to play”.

Yes of course i was on there page however else would i have known about it.

Look boy we are just going around in circles now,you like the k-team fair enough,their is no point coming on here and defending them,it is the Waterford section after all,and the majority of people on here won't agree with your thinking,so whats the point.

So it is probably just best to leave things as they are.

To quote WOPR, “the only winning move is not to play”.
    Just for the record i think what was done down the north quays was wrong, but its has been blown out of all proportion and unfortunately it has just added fuel to the Kilkenny bashing.
    I mean the people who commented on the tall ships thing. They have nothing to do with any graffiti on the quay, so why quote them here and start taking the piss?:confused:
    Anyway its yer forum so if thats what ye want in in the waterford city forum work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

One thing I don't understand about the K-Team is the link between the name, the balaclavas and what they actually do.

I mean it's obviously a play on the A-Team name, but B.A. never wore a balaclava. Also the A-Team's mission was to help those being oppressed. After 4 All-Irelands I'd hardly think the people of Kilkenny are oppressed, when it comes to hurling that is. They should be helping Wateford to win one! Also painting graffiti murals wasn't on the M.O. of the A-Team.

So on careful reflection, if you wan't to wear balaclavas and go painting on walls maybe the I.R.K would have been a better name!*

*This post is not to be taken seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Just for the record i think what was done down the north quays was wrong, but its has been blown out of all proportion and unfortunately it has just added fuel to the Kilkenny bashing.
    I mean the people who commented on the tall ships thing. They have nothing to do with any graffiti on the quay, so why quote them here and start taking the piss?:confused:
    Anyway its yer forum so if thats what ye want in in the waterford city forum work away.
    The K-Team commented on the Tall Ships thing and it was them who did the graffiti. Thankfullly the graffiti has been removed.

I see a K-Team username is browsing the forum right now - care to comment on all this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 K1 The K Team

Was just alerted to thses threads on here - so im gonna clarify our position once and for all on behalf of all members of the K Team .
    1 : Yes we do wear Ballys for photo shoots - WE DO NOT WEAR THEM DRIVING AROUND THE COUNTY TO FRIGHTEN OLD WOMEN !!! iN FACT WE HAVE HAD SO MANY REQUESTS FROM oLDER PEOPLE TO COME AND BE PHOTOGRAPHED WITH THEM ITS FRIGHTENING .
    2 : WITH REGARDS TO MINDLESS VANDILISM - WE DID NOT PAINT ROAD SIGNS - VILE SLOGANS - BREAK GLASS AROUND THE PLACE , CUT DOWN TREES , MAKE THREATS TO ANYONE , ABUSE AND SWEAR PUBLICLY SETTING BAD EXAMPLES TO YOUNG PEOPLE THROUGH OUR WORK .
    3 wE RESPECTED THE DEISE HURLING TEAM AT ALL TIMES AND NEVER ONCE SPOKE BAD ABOUT ANY PLAYER AND WE STRONGLY ADVISED EVERYONE ON OUR SIDE TO DO THE SAME - WE EVEN DELETED TASTELESS COMMENTS FROM OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AS IT IS NOT IN LINE WITH OUR POLICY TO SINGLE OUT ANY INDIVIDUAL OR TEAM FOR NASTY COMMENTS OR ABUSE . UNLIKE YOURSELVES WHO HAVE LET YOUR COUNTY DOWN AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY WITH BAD LANGUAGE - HAT COMMENTS AND ATTACKS OF INDIVIDUALS AND GREAT SPORTSMEN - A SHAME TO THE DECENT AND TRUE WATERFORD SUPPORTERS .
    4 : WE HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR THE REAL WATERFORD PAINTERS - WHO KNOW WHAT A CRAIC IS - HONEST LADS WHO PAY FROM THEIR OWN POCKETS LIKE OURSELVES - WITH NO SUPPORT FROM ANY OF YE ON HERE - WHO JUST LIKE TO HARP ON ABOUT THINGS AND SIT ON YER BEGRUDGIING BEHINDS AND WHING AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY .
    HOW MANY OF YE GAVE THEM LADS A EURO TOWARDS THE THOUSANDS THEY SPENT ON PAINT ? YE ENJOY IT WHEN THEY DO IT BUT WHINGE WHEN ITS BLACK AND AMBER AND EXPECT THEM TO RUN STRAIGHT BACK UP AND DO IT THERE AND THEN !!!
    5 : WE PAINTED A SOUTH KILKENNY ON AN OLD BUILDING DUE TO BE DEMOLISHED - WE DIDNT PAINT A HISTORIC LANDMARK - WE DIDNT PAINT ROAD SIGNS WE DIDNT PAINT ANYTHING OF IMPORTANCE - WE TOLD YE IF YE KEPT PAINTING OUR ROCK - WE WOULD PAINT SOMETHING ELSE - AND WE DID . JURYS IS IN KILKENNY - LOOK UP YER BOUNDRY MAPS AND STOP WHINGING .
    6 : SUPPORTING ANY TEAM THAT BEATS KILKENNY SHOWS JUST HOW SAD YE REALLY ARE - REAL WATERFORD PEOPLE AND I MEAN REAL WATERFORD PEOPLE - WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO HAVE WITNESSED HISTORY BEING MADE - ONLY GREEN EYED MONSTERS ON HERE WERE DELIGHTED TO SUPPORT THE TEAM THAT KNOCKED YER TEAM OUT - WASNT THAT LONG AGO YE WERE SHOUTING AGAINST TIPPERARY - HOW FAST YER TUNE HAS CHANGED .
    7 : NORMALLY I WOULDNT BELITTLE MYSELF TO REPLY TO THESE IDIOTIC AND HATEFULL THREADS - BUT THIS IS OUR ONE AND ONLY REPLY AND WE WILL NOT BE COMMENTING FURTHER THAN THIS REPLY .
    8 : kILKENNY GARDAI WE HAVE CO-OPERATED WITH FULLY - THEY HAVE ALL OUR NAMES WHICH ARE ATTACHED TO OUR NUMBERS - IF WATERFORD WISHES TO PROSECUTE ANY OF US IN COURT - IM SURE THE KILKENNY GARDAI WILL ASSIST THE WATERFORD GARDAI IF IT IS REQUESTED . WE HAVE FROM THE BEGINNING RESPECTED THE GARDAIS WISHES IN KILKENNY AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO IF THERE ARE ANY REQUESTS MADE TO US .
    9 : STICKS AND STONES PEOPLE - YER BELITTLING YERSELVES AND SHOWING THE REST OF THE COUNTRY AND WORLD HOW BITTER THIS FEW OF YE REALLY ARE - YE DONT IN ANY WAY REPRESENT THE TRU PEOPLE AND SPIRIT OF WATERFORD - MINDLESS MORANS WITH NOTLHING BETTEWR TO DO THAT WHINGE AND NAME CALL - CHILDISH AND SAD .
    10 - THE K TEAM HAVE INTRODUCED A LOT OF FUN TO CO KILKENNY AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO FOR THE FUTURE - REMEMBER - WE KEEP IT CLEAN - WE SET GOOD EXAMPLES WITH OUR LANGUAGE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE , WE RAISED MONEY FOR OUR TEAM , WE EVEN RECORDED A DECENT SONG - AND WE HAVE OVER 7500 FANS ON FACEBOOK WHO LOVE US FOR WHAT WE DO - STOP WHINING - GET ON WITH IT - AND AS YE SAY - BUILD A FENCE AND GET OVER IT .

NO FURTHER COMMENT

ENJOY YER CELEBRATIONS AS THE NEW COUNTY SUPPORTERS FOR "WATERARY" - WE WILL CONTINUE TO RESPECT THE TRU DEISE SUPPORTERS - HAVE A PINT WITH THEM AND A GOOD CRAIC ALONG THE WAY .

WISHING YE ALL A HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR - AND THE BEST FOR THE LEAGUE AND CHAMPIONSHIP 2011

THE K TEAM

5 : WE PAINTED A SOUTH KILKENNY ON AN OLD BUILDING DUE TO BE DEMOLISHED - WE DIDNT PAINT A HISTORIC LANDMARK - WE DIDNT PAINT ROAD SIGNS WE DIDNT PAINT ANYTHING OF IMPORTANCE - WE TOLD YE IF YE KEPT PAINTING OUR ROCK - WE WOULD PAINT SOMETHING ELSE - AND WE DID . JURYS IS IN KILKENNY - LOOK UP YER BOUNDRY MAPS AND STOP WHINGING .
    The building is "due to demolished"? That will not happen any time soon. Even if it did it does not give you the right to paint that crap. It's illegal too.

All the rock face and half the Ard Ri building are within the Waterford City border. Even if they weren't technically within the border, realistically they are part of Waterford City and we can see them from our city, so why are you painting them. Your painting of the Ard Ri is also illegal. It looks terrible and reflects badly on our city, and you are doing it to provoke a reaction from Waterford people. All of us agree the rock face is a bit of fun, but at the end of the day this is our city, not yours, so stop wrecking it with your crap graffiti. It's not just illegal, it's childish vandalism you would expect from a group of kids.
    6 : SUPPORTING ANY TEAM THAT BEATS KILKENNY SHOWS JUST HOW SAD YE REALLY ARE - REAL WATERFORD PEOPLE AND I MEAN REAL WATERFORD PEOPLE - WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO HAVE WITNESSED HISTORY BEING MADE - ONLY GREEN EYED MONSTERS ON HERE WERE DELIGHTED TO SUPPORT THE TEAM THAT KNOCKED YER TEAM OUT - WASNT THAT LONG AGO YE WERE SHOUTING AGAINST TIPPERARY - HOW FAST YER TUNE HAS CHANGED .
    This was covered in another thread. Most of us just wanted someone else to win, nothing against KK. All of us would admit to the team's greatness and would relish their level of success ourselves. But you just go on and believe it's just petty jealously on our part.
    8 : kILKENNY GARDAI WE HAVE CO-OPERATED WITH FULLY - THEY HAVE ALL OUR NAMES WHICH ARE ATTACHED TO OUR NUMBERS - IF WATERFORD WISHES TO PROSECUTE ANY OF US IN COURT - IM SURE THE KILKENNY GARDAI WILL ASSIST THE WATERFORD GARDAI IF IT IS REQUESTED . WE HAVE FROM THE BEGINNING RESPECTED THE GARDAIS WISHES IN KILKENNY AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO IF THERE ARE ANY REQUESTS MADE TO US .
    That is very interesting. Do KK Gardai know you did the graffiti on the North Quay and Ard Ri? The Gardai don't approve of illegal activity. I will send your admission to the Waterford City Council or the owners of that piece of land and hopefully they will follow up on that.

Also:

capslock.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Was just alerted to thses threads on here - so im gonna clarify our position once and for all on behalf of all members of the K Team .
    1 : Yes we do wear Ballys for photo shoots - WE DO NOT WEAR THEM DRIVING AROUND THE COUNTY TO FRIGHTEN OLD WOMEN !!!

I have personally witnessed one of you putting one on while driving, with no hands on the wheel and no vision while it was being put on. Do not claim you just have them on for photo shoots.

ye didnt seem to mind the deise lads who broke all the windows in the ard ri , didnt seem to mind the deise lads who painted over road signs all over south kilkenny and painted across open and working business locations in south Kilkenny and ye didnt seem to mind the painting of rude slogans on mount misery . sure The K team would love an appearance in waterford city courthouse - of course we would have to keep our faces covered and request a closed court for the trial - and should it come to it we just might have to request that the case be held in a neutral location court house as we believe there would be great malice directed at our members .
    how quick ye are to accuse us of breaking the law - but turn a blind eye to yer own law breaking - but sure as usual - one law for ye and a different for the rest of the country .

seriously - get over it - yer giving real waterford people a sour bad name - shame on ye .

K1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

So anyway, when are ye cleaning the graffiti on the Quays?:p:p

Kahless wrote: »
    I have personally witnessed one of you putting one on while driving, with no hands on the wheel and no vision while it was being put on. Do not claim you just have them on for photo shoots.

As stated - we dont do that - if you have photo proof of this please post it - if you dont - then we stand by our statement that we do not .

yer nitpicking trying to use every possible option to give us a bad name - its only reflecting in jealousy on yer behalf .

get over it - move on - were here to stay .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

K1 The K Team,

Either your a Waterford person trolling Waterford people or your a idiot from Kilkenny, stop painting stuff and give it a break now as the hurling is over.

Also please remove all the paint you put up while your at it, including the paint on the overpass of the M9 at Knocktopher that you put up at the weekend!

While your at it contact those idiots in tipp who also spray painted loads of stuff and get them to remove their paint also.

Both lots of paint make the place look messy and are of no benefit to the county,

...can't believe I wasted this much time on a troll/idiot....

So anyway, when are ye cleaning the graffiti on the Quays?:p:p

We dont see it as graffiti - simply letting the geographically challenged know whats what .

constantly claiming rights to whats not theres - we believed letting them see in big writing might help .

K1

As stated - we dont do that - if you have photo proof of this please post it - if you dont - then we stand by our statement that we do not .

yer nitpicking trying to use every possible option to give us a bad name - its only reflecting in jealousy on yer behalf .

get over it - move on - were here to stay .

I don't have photo proof because I was also driving. I'm a bit more responsible behind the wheel than you obviously are. Your statement means nothing to me because I know it is false.

BTW, I am from Kilkenny, not Waterford.

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    K1 The K Team,

Either your a Waterford person trolling Waterford people or your a idiot from Kilkenny, stop painting stuff and give it a break now as the hurling is over.

Also please remove all the paint you put up while your at it, including the paint on the overpass of the M9 at Knocktopher that you put up at the weekend!

While your at it contact those idiots in tipp who also spray painted loads of stuff and get them to remove their paint also.

...can't believe I wasted this much time on a troll/idiot....

Im a Kilkenny person to the bone - and a proud kilkenny person and if it werent for tipperary and waterary supporters painting on our side - we wouldnt even be here . all we have dont (with the exception of the north wharf) is cover tipp and waterary graffiti with black and amber - and noote please - we did not use offencive language on what we painted !!!!!

The Knocktopher people have thanked us for cleaning the tipp slogans off the bridge .

yere such a begrudging shower lol

ah the taste of bitter defeat yet again spoils yer reputation .

We dont see it as graffiti - simply letting the geographically challenged know whats what .

constantly claiming rights to whats not theres - we believed letting them see in big writing might help .

K1

That's lame. Ye must have plenty of time on yer hands:rolleyes:

Kahless wrote: »
    I don't have photo proof because I was also driving. I'm a bit more responsible behind the wheel than you obviously are. Your statement means nothing to me because I know it is false.

BTW, I am from Kilkenny, not Waterford.

no further comment - we have replied to you already .

think what you may .

ye didnt seem to mind the deise lads who broke all the windows in the ard ri , didnt seem to mind the deise lads who painted over road signs all over south kilkenny and painted across open and working business locations in south Kilkenny and ye didnt seem to mind the painting of rude slogans on mount misery . sure The K team would love an appearance in waterford city courthouse - of course we would have to keep our faces covered and request a closed court for the trial - and should it come to it we just might have to request that the case be held in a neutral location court house as we believe there would be great malice directed at our members .
    how quick ye are to accuse us of breaking the law - but turn a blind eye to yer own law breaking - but sure as usual - one law for ye and a different for the rest of the country .

seriously - get over it - yer giving real waterford people a sour bad name - shame on ye .

K1
    We have had several threads here about the graffiti and vandalism in the Ard Ri, and we don't like anyone that does that, even if they are from Waterford. We also don't condone any Waterford people doing graffiti in Kilkenny. I think that sort of thing is just scummy, petty, juvenile vandalism, whoever does it. So no "turning a blind eye" here.

constantly claiming rights to whats not theres - we believed letting them see in big writing might help
    :rolleyes: that says it all so about what you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

128864800451517244.jpg
    Ive been waiting for a chance to say this

I wonder how Liam McCarthy is getting on in Tipp:D:p

We have made our statements which we stand by - as do all our team members and our facebook followers .

we are not going to be dragged into a war of words here .

The K Team has officially responded to the lies and hatred on here - weve yet again kept our language clean - unlike the users on here .

we now end our statements on here by stating

"no further comment"

Best wishes to all .

The K team

Our thread input is now closed .

no further comment - we have replied to you already .

think what you may .

Yes, I will continue to think of you as a bunch of juvenile cowards afraid to show your faces.

We have made our statements which we stand by - as do all our team members and our facebook followers .

we are not going to be dragged into a war of words here .

The K Team has officially responded to the lies and hatred on here - weve yet again kept our language clean - unlike the users on here .

we now end our statements on here by stating

"no further comment"

Best wishes to all .

The K team

Our thread input is now closed .

So ye are finished painting this thread?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

So ye are finished painting this thread?:eek:
    Boards still looks white & blue to me :pac:

Advertisement