Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fish Disappearing

• 30-08-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭

Every now and then some of my fish disappear. We've checked the filter, under rocks etc but nothing so could they be being eaten by another of the fish? Plus there's a lid on the tank so they couldn't be jumping out. There's no bones or anything left though. Its happened about four times now. When I looked in the tank yesterday morning three more were missing. The only fish I have that seem big enough to completely eat the others are my two huge suckers. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

what fish do you have?

Fish do eat other fish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭duracell_bunny

Two big suckers, 8 (now only 3!) tetras and 7 swordtail mollys in a 240lt tank.

Edited to say that I did used to have more mollys (before I was donated the tetras) but a load of them disappeared to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What kind of filter do you have?

Big tanks with big filters can result in lose of fish!

Fluval u3 or u4

I just some googling and it looks like sailfin plecos do eat small fish so that might be my answer - assuming my suckers are sailfins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Tetras these days are commercially bred and genetically weak. A dead tetra would be mopped up by a pleco in no time.

Advertisement