Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on selling outside the Eu

Options
  • 30-08-2010 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Iam looking for any info on selling a firearm outside the EU, what is the process with Justice and Customs,who to contact, what forms needed etc.....
    Thank You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 thebeef44

I posted in wrong place, Can Mods move it for me
    Thank You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]
    Moved to general Shooting forum
    [MOD]

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Major PITA from what I understand.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

I think one of the major problems is getting a courier in Ireland to actually take firearm out of country. Private seller to private buyer is a mega PITA as grizzly mentioned. Might be better to go through a dealer on the other side or if selling privately perhaps the buyer may have a friendly dealer that could oversee exportation. Courier problem can be sorted by getting dealers courier on the other side to lift the firearm from Ireland.

Hope this is of some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 thebeef44

Thank you Grizzly and sikastag. I taught this was not going to be easy,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The biggie is that the paperwork isnt under the dept of justice ,and whatever it is calling itself these days remit.
    It comes under the dept of trade and export,or some such.They make the DOJ look hyper efficent and friendly to deal with.:eek:
    Was talking to a gundealer trying to export a shotgun for a lad to the US.He said it is a total NIGHTMARE dealing with that dept.So any gundealer doing this for you will want some serious time on their hands and therapy for nerveous breakdown when finished.:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Depending on what you're sending and where it's going, you may even need end user certificates.

Advertisement