Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those who cycle to DIT Aungier Street

Options
  • 30-08-2010 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

When I start back in September I was hoping to try cycle in everyday, save myself the 75e a month for the bus.

My main worry is where to park it. I know there is that place right outside the main entrance but it's very open and I was wondering if it's safe considering the amount of bits of bikes you see spotted all across the city centre, even on the main streets.

Has anyone had problems there or is it relatively safe?
    Anyone know of someplace better to park it?
    I'd even be willing to pay for the privilege of leaving it where a scumbag can't get his hands on it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Hi xoixo,

The best place to park is in the underground car park in DIT Aungier St. If you have a car, it's restricted to staff, but the bike parking spaces are open to staff and students. It's secure and it's also dry, so your bike doesn't rust up :)

Some more info here:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/DIT-Smarter-Travel/111571125534633

DIT Aungier Street -
    Bike Racks; Underground Car Park
    Shower Facilities; 2nd Floor 2-043 (Get the keys from the porters), 3rd Floor 3-043, 4th Floor 4-043
    Lockers; Available in Shower Rooms
    *Bike Pump & Repair Kit available in Fit2Go Gym in DIT Kevin Street in exchange for valid student/staff card*

There's also a large indoor cycle park in Drury Street Car Park nearby. It's free and it's particularly useful if you're heading out for the night and you want to leave your bike somewhere overnight, without it getting robbed.

http://www.dublincitycycling.ie/blog/index.php/2009/10/new-cycle-parking-facility-on-drury-street/

Advertisement