Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs in meath

Options
  • 30-08-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

does anyone know of any good nightclubs in meath?:p

(new to area...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

Navan-The Palace
    Navan-Solar (can be expensive but not too bad on Sunday nights)
    Dunshauglin-Vortex
    Trim-Xangos
    Oldcastle-Club Revival

I put the Palace first as it's my favourite, but be warned, it tends to be packed. Navan is the best place as there is so much activity, we normally start off in Ryans pub which won an award recently for it's service and atmosphere

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rob.oc

FewToLose wrote: »
    Navan-The Palace
    Dunshauglin-Vortex
    Trim-Xangos
    Oldcastle-Club Revival

I put the Palace first as it's my favourite, but be warned, it tends to be packed. Navan is the best place as there is so much activity, we normally start off in Ryans pub which won an award recently for it's service and atmosphere

Hope this helps!

Thats great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What part of Meath did you move to Rob?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Ryan's is a great pub.

And the Palace is also a very good spot if a little too packed sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rob.oc

What part of Meath did you move to Rob?

Eh just outside navan...

And will try ryans. It sounds good!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Dunshauglin-Vortex
    He said good nightclubs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cirs

Hi,
    Is the palace any good on a thursday night? and does it have a good crowd like the same as a saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

cirs wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is the palace any good on a thursday night? and does it have a good crowd like the same as a saturday night?

Nowhere near as packed on a Thursday night, but usually a good crowd in it.
    However, this month hasn't been the busiest on Thursdays, but that is the same in most pubs in the country tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

He said good nightclubs ;)

Oldcastle-Club Revival + 1, nothing but fights and extremely cramped, more of a late bar disco and could hardly be described as being a might club, I've seen bigger public toilets. Heard this place is closing? any truth in the rumor? the hotel attached to it is closed Mon - Friday?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

Navan-The Palace

I'm pretty sure The Palace is the expensive one. It's full price drinks in Palace and only €3 per drink in Solar!!! Although Solar does attract a much younger crowd for this reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Both charge through the nose at the door so youre effectively paying 4/5 euro a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

YipYipU wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure The Palace is the expensive one. It's full price drinks in Palace and only €3 per drink in Solar!!! Although Solar does attract a much younger crowd for this reason.

thats because of the over 21s door policy at the palace Solar is full of kids tho but its a good sized club with 5 or 6 bars the cover charge at the door is a bit steep tho

Bucks in Athboy is another best avoided
    The vibe in kells isnt too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Cgoodie

Stick to the Nightclubs in Navan tbh the one in Trim is not worth paying taxi fares to and from Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

They've renovated the nightclub in Ashbourne. I've heard good reviews though I'm yet to venture down to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

draffodx wrote: »
    Ryan's is a great pub.

The only times I've ever enjoyed Ryan's is if Fifth Element are playing or I'm sitting eating the chicken wrap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cirs

Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 honeybadger11

The Tunnel in Oldcastle is a lot better than Club Revival. Its bigger, the staff are warmer, and the toilets are big. Not necessarily clean, and drinks can be on the expensive part but sure you get that. Great cloak room staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Great cloak room staff.

I'm sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    I'm sold.

LOL:D

I heard there is a new wine bar in Oldcastle, part of club revival? apparently just enough room to swing a mouse?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement