Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband Question

• 30-08-2010 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

I know there are similar threads but not exactly re what I'm looking for.

I'm about to get Wireless broadband into the house between myself and 2 others. We all use our laptops regularly although normally at different times due to work arrangements.

Anyway i was looking at UPC 15mb/1.5mb @ €32.

I'm not sure what this would mean to us? Could anyone here give any advice?

there is also the 30mb €42 option but we're trying to trim bills as it is.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Cullen82 wrote: »
    I know there are similar threads but not exactly re what I'm looking for.

I'm about to get Wireless broadband into the house between myself and 2 others. We all use our laptops regularly although normally at different times due to work arrangements.

Anyway i was looking at UPC 15mb/1.5mb @ €32.

I'm not sure what this would mean to us? Could anyone here give any advice?

there is also the 30mb €42 option but we're trying to trim bills as it is.

Cheers

Well 15mb download speed should be just grand for the 3 of you that will be using it..if you download alot it ownt really matter as they have a fair usage of 250GB download allowance a month..if UPC is avaliable in your area go for it you are very lucky i cant get UPC at all round this area:rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Nice one Jay, Thanks for that and yeah it's UPC so will get on that now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Calling it wireless broadband is not correct, it is wired broadband (through the TV cable) with a wireless home router. This differs from wireless broadband (Metro, Breeze and others), which delivers the Internet connection over a wireless link, and then could also have a wireless home router, or be wired to the computer in the home. Some operators don't differentiate, which doesn't help matters, but it also doesn't make them right.

Advertisement