Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy cheaper baby formula powder in bulk?

• 30-08-2010 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

For the brands like Aptamil, Cow & Gate, does anyone know where in Ireland I can purchase cheaper baby formula powder in bulk rather than those in the super markets, and beside those occasionally discount ones? I think those sold in the super markets are quite expensive!! Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We looked in to this when formula was was more expensive then it is now 2 years ago, and it was more or less the same price wholesale here as it was in the shops up north.
    Now that they have lowered the prices here,I don't think there will be much difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 floweryeyes

Thanks Moonbeam,do you think the ones selling in the north cheaper than in the south?Thank you!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

no real difference now.
    boots.co.uk will have all the uk prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    BeforeI go up north I usually check www.mysupermarket.co.uk

Compares the prices of Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys and Waitrose (ie the ones which deliver in the UK)

Handy for knowing who has what offers on so I know where to go (or where my Mum needs to order things from before my visit to her) Or just for keeping track of what the prices are like in the UK. Updated daily.

HTH

Fran

Yes, supermarkets are basically the same. Thanks Fran, very good site! How about Cash and Carry, do ye know if it could be some difference if with biz registration?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 grainnek

i wouldnt buy too much if i was you as babies change formula's quite regularly....i know mine had to move to the hungry formula and i ended up having to give away some tubs i had left over

Yes grainnek, your right. Just wonder if C & C could be cheaper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 grainnek

lidl sell cow and gate i think...not sure about cash and carry prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Nice one for the link Fran79!
    I just found on it that I can get the SMA my little lady takes for £6 in Tescoes UK (€7.25), the cheapest I can get it down here is €8 in Tescoes, though most other places charge €10+ for it!

My mum goes up the North every few weeks, I might get her to pick me up a few cans of it. every cent counts & all that :)

Just out of curiosity I checked Aptimil & the prices for UK vs Ireland are pretty similar

Advertisement