Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice picnic area. South Wexford

Options
  • 30-08-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a nice picnic area in south Wexford. Thinking if Tintern Abbey. Anyone been there or any other ideas.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Johnstown castle maybe?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I'd say Tintern would be hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Is there quite areas in Tintern where you could set up a picnic blanket on the grass. Never been there so don't know what to expect.
    Johnstown castle looks nice also from looking at pics on the web

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Down by Hook lighthouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Johnstown or Tintern would be perfect.

There's plenty of spacious grassy area in Tintern, and I'm pretty sure there are a couple of picnic benches around the places too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fatswaldo

As mentioned, Tintern, Johnstown Castle, Hook Head all good places. Also, JFK Arboretum between New Ross and Campile has a dedicated picnic area with a good play area for kids.

Due to unforeseen events the picnic will have to be after 6PM. Any ideas now as the places mentioned earlier all close around 5 or 6 pm. Need help quick as picnic planned for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

foxirl wrote: »
    Due to unforeseen events the picnic will have to be after 6PM. Any ideas now as the places mentioned earlier all close around 5 or 6 pm. Need help quick as picnic planned for tomorrow

I'm not sure where else but i did a quick search online and this is the best i can do to help you. :)

http://www.mykidstime.ie/read/features/things-to-do/2596-fun-picninc-spots-in-wexford

Check that link out, theres a few spots there so have a look and pick(nic) which one you think is best. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Why not have a beach party?
    Any beach would be great especially today, if its as warm & sunny as yesterday. We are spoilt in Wexford with so many beautiful beaches.

(JFK park is great during opening hours)

RKQ. Could you recommend a beach close to Wexford town. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Carne beach - it also has a pier.
    St. Margarets beach or Rosslare Harbour would be quite and sheltered.
    Curracloe is great or Ballyconigar.

I'm sure if the weather is good, lots will head to the beach to wash away the woe of going back to school.:)

Advertisement