Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anywhere to go

Options
  • 30-08-2010 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,my youngest child just started playschool,my 2 older kids are in school until 230 and shes finished at 1230,but as i dont have a car,im at a bit of a loss as to what to do in town all morning!!I was just wondering if theres anywhere in galway city that parents can go with their young kids,like coffee mornings but after 1230 and before 230!!I dont ask for much do i!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

When the weather is nice, why not just go to the playground in Eyre Square and watch them while you drink a coffee?

Or on less nice days, you could bring them to the ball pit in Galway (Tesco) Shopping Centre... and subway has coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ahh the madness of the Irish education system: kids at the same school don't all finish at the same time, so on cold wet days you see mothers sitting outside schools trying to keep a small child entertained for an hour while they wait for the older kids to finish. (The same small child that would be "too tired" to be in school for longer, but is apparently fine to be be left waiting out in the cold!)

Try asking on the forum at mykidstime.ie.

Maybe get talking to other mothers picking up at 12:30, see if any of 'em live close and have a warm living room you could visit in occasionally.

More expensive, there are some after-school services in the inner city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

Thanks guys,yes it is madness,i think i need to get driving so i can pop home!!will see if anyone friendly lives close by and will also check out the ball pool place,mind you i cant afford to go there that often!!thanks again :D

I'm not sure if the library has playschool age books but it could be an option for wet weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

I'm not sure if the library has playschool age books but it could be an option for wet weather.

It does. The "juvenile" section, that is. :)

The library is a good idea, it has a whole room (at the back) dedicated to kids of all ages. Check it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement