Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

www.boards.ie means some journalists never need leave their house

• 30-08-2010 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Women in fear over YouTube city stalker

A TWISTED stalker has been filming women around the capital and then posting footage on the internet.

YouTube has now been forced to close the account of one dodgy user following the alert.

The unknown culprit was filming the women from behind on places such as Grafton Street.

The camera generally focused on the unsuspecting women's behinds, but on occasion it caught their face, leaving them identifiable.

Video website operator YouTube has now removed the footage, but the case has raised concerns for women.

Woman's Aid director Margaret Martin said it was a "very worrying development".

She said that aid group has been made aware "of this disturbing practice where women are being filmed, unbeknownst to them, and sexually objectified online".

There were 14 videos in all ranging in length from just 17 seconds long to four minutes and 27 seconds.

They were all given distasteful titles and were for a time openly viewable by any internet user. In most cases, it appeared that the women were being followed from a close distance but were totally unaware that somebody was filming them.

A spokesperson for YouTube said that it had moved quickly to remove the offending videos.

"Sadly, as with any form of communication, there is a tiny minority of people who try to break the rules," said the spokesperson.

Clips

In one of the longer clips, the secret voyeur follows a young woman for the entire length of Dublin's busiest shopping street.

Initially the footage shows her from behind but the camera also moves in front showing her face.

The anonymous web poster also films a young woman as she is sitting in Connolly Station.

Another clip showed a young mother in a supermarket with her child.

However gardai say that they would have to carry out a full investigation before taking any action.

hnews@herald.ie

- Kevin Doyle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

'Journalist in using available source shocker'

You're right OP, this shit writes itself. Didn't even have to leave the room.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

If Journos never left home and just used boards, We could all see some pretty interesting articles appear in the local rags. Any ideas for the next boards generated news article? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

I got no credit for my scoop. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I like bottoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

With a name like that, I'm not surprised (although you make have been mentioned as "a close source to the Heald")

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

If Journos never left home and just used boards, We could all see some pretty interesting articles appear in the local rags. Any ideas for the next boards generated news article? :P
    facekicker becomes national celebrity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

There it is in the form of a thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Im sure Pighead on speaking in the third person would be right up or even feeky and his sexual exploits with the older woman.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    With a name like that, I'm not surprised (although you make have been mentioned as "a close source to the Heald")

This coming from Ikky Poo! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This coming from Ikky Poo! :D

As in Cutsie Poo (don't go turning this into something sisnister!!) and I didn't start and threads about questionable practices!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

There is one journalist who writes on a Saturday for one of the broadsheets and boards.ie is his favourite haunt for hysterical stories and opinionated quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Would it be possible to start fake threads in order to see if they get published in the rags? Even the Guardian is turning into a rag.

They´re welcome to my story anyway. It was a load of sensationalist shíte, just like their own articles. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

And you got your videos removed from YouTube, been a bad week for you :p

RasTa wrote: »
    Would it be possible to start fake threads in order to see if they get published in the rags? Even the Guardian is turning into a rag.
    Nah. It would never work.
    Journalists are too savvy.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

I hope he shot in 1080p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Terry wrote: »
    Nah. It would never work.
    Journalists are too savvy.
    ...unless they work for the Fox news network - but thats a whole different fantasy news game!

Biggins wrote: »
    ...unless they work for the Fox news network - but thats a whole different fantasy news game!
    Good ol' Fox news and their terrorism linked co-owner, who we wouldn't know was linked to terrorism had they not told us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

The good folk of boards are all thanking you. That should be more of an honour than any pulitzer you could get for breaking the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I have a scoop involving a top politician ,a toilet brush and a polish house cleaner if anyone from the herald wants to PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I'm never buying the herald again until gizagoofyourgee gets credit!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Biggins wrote: »

LOL yeah, 'fair and balanced spin free zone'

Man I watch it at night open mouth at the crap they spew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

Sergeant wrote: »
    There is one journalist who writes on a Saturday for one of the broadsheets and boards.ie is his favourite haunt for hysterical stories and opinionated quotes.

JOS?

Advertisement