Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking from Stillorgan to Blackrock

Options
  • 30-08-2010 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Would it be feasible to walk from Stillorgan village to Blackrock village? How long would it take, and do many people walk it or do they just get the bus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

bus options aren't great tbh. walk/bus over for the un-reliable 17 or 46e (rush hour only) or bus to white and 114 or the very occasional 5.

cycling would be the better choice IMO

Route map 30 mins by that so knock off 5 I'd say to walk it. 10-12 mins by bike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

30 min brisk walk. The buses are useless...

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

I used to walk down quite often at all hours! Took me about 20-30mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Thanks for the replies, walked it the other day and it was grand. Just for when it's raining though, is there absolutely no bus that goes to Stillorgan to get to Blackrock?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

good old route planner on DB site makes you go into Nassau St and back out to do it :rolleyes:

5 and 46e: both have crap times and not directly to one or other places. There is no direct bus from Stillorgan Village to Blackrock village

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

About a 20 minute walk or so. No real bus service except the 46E which comes once a day or so.

Advertisement