Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alba SL1231 12MP Camera less then half price

Options
  • 30-08-2010 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

i bought this this morning and have since bought another,well the owl fella did after seeing how good it was. the picture quality is unbelievable,its simple and easy to use.it was priced at €191.99 but now its €70 and well worth the price so get it while you can here
    it feels like your carrying a phone and not a camera, ill be carrying this every where i go and be sorted for them moments when you wish you had your camera.

78-5593615SPA73UC629302X.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

spider_pig wrote: »
    i bought this this morning and have since bought another,well the owl fella did after seeing how good it was. the picture quality is unbelievable,its simple and easy to use.it was priced at €191.99 but now its €70 and well worth the price so get it while you can here
    it feels like your carrying a phone and not a camera, ill be carrying this every where i go and be sorted for them moments when you wish you had your camera.

78-5593615SPA73UC629302X.jpg

If you are buying this, the website offers to sell you a 4GB SDHC card, but the description of the camera says it only does SD (2GB max)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

If you are buying this, the website offers to sell you a 4GB SDHC card, but the description of the camera says it only does SD (2GB max)

this is taken from the manual : it supports up to 4gb sd card and up to 32gb of sdhc, i currently have a 4gb in mine at the moment.where are you seeing 2GB max there is noting on the website saying that at all link below

alba sl1231

here is what it says

Details

Model number SL1231

* 12 mega pixels.

* Silver.

* Metal and plastic body.

* 6.2 - 18.6mm wide angle Hon Hai lens.

* 3 x optical zoom.

* 4 x digital zoom.

* 3in LCD screen.

Features

* PictBridge compatible.

* Digital anti-blur.

* Face detection up to 10 faces.

* Continuous shooting up to 1 frames per second.

* Red eye reduction.

* Memory card compatibility: SD.

* Movie capture and playback with sound.

* Maximum ISO 6400.

* 28 scene modes.

* Intelligent scene mode.

* Manual over-ride.

* Smile shutter.

* Self timer.

* Built-in flash.

General information

* Accessories included: USB cable carry strap.

* Rechargeable Li-ion battery included.

* Weight 125g.

* Size H9, W5.7, D1.8cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

as good as 70e sounds my son has this camera and dont be fooled by the high pixel read on it i think its a poor camera theres way better out there for an extra 20euro ...

irishjay wrote: »
    as good as 70e sounds my son has this camera and dont be fooled by the high pixel read on it i think its a poor camera theres way better out there for an extra 20euro ...

what poor quality's have you found with it, so far i cant find anything wrong but early days yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

It says "Memory card compatibility: SD"

On other cameras it says "Memory card compatibility: SD/SDHC"

SD is limited to 2GB, but if as you say, it also supports SDHC, that's grand, but it is not listed on the website, hence my comments

spider_pig wrote: »
    this is taken from the manual : it supports up to 4gb sd card and up to 32gb of sdhc, i currently have a 4gb in mine at the moment.where are you seeing 2GB max there is noting on the website saying that at all link below

alba sl1231

here is what it says

Details

Model number SL1231

* 12 mega pixels.

* Silver.

* Metal and plastic body.

* 6.2 - 18.6mm wide angle Hon Hai lens.

* 3 x optical zoom.

* 4 x digital zoom.

* 3in LCD screen.

Features

* PictBridge compatible.

* Digital anti-blur.

* Face detection up to 10 faces.

* Continuous shooting up to 1 frames per second.

* Red eye reduction.

* Memory card compatibility: SD.

* Movie capture and playback with sound.

* Maximum ISO 6400.

* 28 scene modes.

* Intelligent scene mode.

* Manual over-ride.

* Smile shutter.

* Self timer.

* Built-in flash.

General information

* Accessories included: USB cable carry strap.

* Rechargeable Li-ion battery included.

* Weight 125g.

* Size H9, W5.7, D1.8cm.

• Advertisement

It says "Memory card compatibility: SD"

On other cameras it says "Memory card compatibility: SD/SDHC"

SD is limited to 2GB, but if as you say, it also supports SDHC, that's grand, but it is not listed on the website, hence my comments

ah i see noticed that on the website. i took a screen shot of the manual where is has sdhc compatible on it :D

Advertisement