Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doing Malaysia alone for 3 weeks

• 30-08-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Was initially going with a friend who has now pulled out, and I'm going to be there for three weeks. Basically, I'm a young female, and though I've heard it's relatively safe for solo travelers, I don't really want to spend the entire three weeks on my tod!

Does anyone have any tips for where the best hostels are in terms of mixing with other travelers (i stayed in a hostel before that ran 'event' nights that anyone in the hostel was welcome to go to, somewhere like that would be ideal) or tours that were particularly good?
    I know most hostels are pretty friendly but I experienced a few duds when traveling before, so would appreciate any advice. I'm going to be there late October/early November.

I've been trying to do some research but feel a little like i can't see the wood for the trees.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tony 2 eyes

hi annax.
    i went to s.e asia alone a few years back, i spents a few weeks in malaysia and loved it. went to tamen negara for a while, which was brill, did some hikes uo there. spent some time in kuala lumpur and loved that too. i meet a local girl there and spent alot of time with her, we went out every night and sightseeing everyday. good times. toman island is worth looking at and oh ya the perinthian islands should not be missed.
    enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 woodsie

Hi Tony

i know this is a very old thread so hopefully you still on boards regularly. My boyfriend is going to Malaysia and is looking for someplace nice to stay in the Perinthian Islands or Toman Islands for about 5 days. Can you recommend anything, or have any tips??

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 woodsie

Or if anyone else has out there has stayed in a nice place in either of these areas that they would recommend?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Squirm

Re; the Perinthian Islands. I would recommend going to small one. Don't bother booking accomodation in advance and anywhere you stay will be amazing! It is a teeny tiny island and it is fantastic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

I know this is an old thread but am thinking of heading to Malaysia in January and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions of places I should go to.

I am travelling with the OH and we are going to fly into KL and take it from there.

All suggestions welcome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

Hey guys.

I'm traveling to Malaysia for 4 days on route back home to break the flight. Does anyone know good hotels that wouldn't be to expensive or good and trustworthy hostels. Never been to Asia before and going there solo. Is it cheap or expensive in Kuala Lumpur?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 lydsie

hey Cheetara,

i spent a few week in Malaysia last year. Amazing place. As the other said the Perinthian Islands are amazing. Check with regard to which side of the country monsoon is on that time of year.. if at all cannot remember :) accommodation is not great in Malaysia in comparison to the rest of asia. kota bharu is pretty interesting place, mixed cultures.. the jumping off point to the Perinthians. cameron highlands are beautiful. Lots of hiking in amazing tea plantations. KL is ok. Towers are interesting.. food halls are great! So much food!! melaka is pretty interesting place also. Over all they don't really drink there its not in their culture. borneo would be pretty amazing if you have a chance. Need to fly there though..

hope this is helpful :)

Advertisement