Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STILL WAITING ARGH!!!

• 30-08-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

was originally given 20th Aug as Estimated due date then after dating scan it was moved to the 27th Aug and still nothing, not even a bump drop! feels like im waiting for soooooooooo long.

im in holles st in consultant led clinic, i dont really want to be induced but would like to try a sweep. my consultants isnt the nicest in the world and im worried he'l say no if i ask for one.....

was thinking if i start crying or something....any advice?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Well if your due date is the 27th, you're only a few days over. Be patient :) Baby will come when its ready, not you, and you were probably ready a fortnight ago!

Your consultant will probably tell you that sweeps are no longer routinely performed, although some of the midwives and consultants will still do them.

In the meantime, go for a brisk walk, eat lots of pineapple, drink some raspberry leaf tea, have a hot curry and if you and your partner are willing, some good old fashioned sex might help - semen contains prostaglandin to help soften the cervix and orgasming will release oxytocin which is the chemical hormone needed to bring on contractions - basic physiology really :D

I went more than a week over, and I had a sweep! It did nothing for me. Like i say, baby will come when its ready, don't try and rush nature and enjoy what little rest time you have left.

Good luck for the next few days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

agree with above, I got sweep when I was 3 days over and it was painful as my body wasn't ready. When I went into labour 7 days over then examined me and it wasn't painful.

Best of luck with baby

Advertisement