Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External FM transmitter

Options
  • 30-08-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Ya know for cars and the likes.

will they work on a mobile phone ? like Belkin on a nokia 5530 xpressmusic for example ?

3.5mm jack on the phone.

anybody know ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

they should as the receiver just picks up the audio signal and sends it along a radio frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They will ofcourse, quality will vary but are ok for cheap handy fix. Have you got one already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

they should as the receiver just picks up the audio signal and sends it along a radio frequency

i was thinking that myself now, once its coming from the audio jack why the hell not ya know.
    Davy wrote: »
    They will ofcourse, quality will vary but are ok for cheap handy fix. Have you got one already?

haven't at the moment but most likely will pick one up to have in the car for the music on my phone.

i was looking at them there today in hmv, halfords and currys and the guy in currys said theres no guarantee that it will work for my phone to try carphone warehouse and the likes.

they didn't have any along with vodafone and o2 so i tried the nokia website: they have one but not for my phone.

so i just said feck it i'll ask here and see what the craic is but you guys did well there answering that.

thank you.

they have loads of them in argos...if it doesnt work you can always bring it back...

i keep planning to get one myself but it either comes out of my mind or i figure out its just not a necessary item...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have 'audix' one, that i bought online a year or so ago, and its the best one i haves used. I had a quick search, but i cant find their website anymore for some reason.

Its shorter than a pen, but just a little thicker. Does the job grand

• Advertisement

they have loads of them in argos...if it doesnt work you can always bring it back...

i keep planning to get one myself but it either comes out of my mind or i figure out its just not a necessary item...

is argos stuff ok to use or do they still have crummy quality about them ?

EDIT: just looking at the argos site and the prices are more expensive compared to everywhere else and they seem to be the same products too.
    Davy wrote: »
    I have 'audix' one, that i bought online a year or so ago, and its the best one i haves used. I had a quick search, but i cant find their website anymore for some reason.

Its shorter than a pen, but just a little thicker. Does the job grand

nice !

robbie_998 wrote: »
    is argos stuff ok to use or do they still have crummy quality about them ?

well i never got any bad quality products from it lol

as i said you can always bring it back if it doesnt meet your needs

well i never got any bad quality products from it lol

as i said you can always bring it back if it doesnt meet your needs

yeah like i say they are actually the same products that are in currys and halfords and that (so quality is no problem there) but for some reason argos are 2 - 4 euro more expensive.

in other shops ya can always bring them back aswell.

think i'll avoid argos like i always have. :)

well i dont have currys :D

Advertisement