Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if i want to sell something made by me or cooked by me...

Options
  • 30-08-2010 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

hi im tring to sell something cooked by me is kind of kandy, here in Dublin

i know that i need a permit, ok, but where can i get all this information?
    were do i need to go?

can u help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I think Dublin City Council would be a good place to start.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Fair as i no you have to comply with all health & safety regulations for a kitchen, pretty much the same as any restaurant kitchen. I know that you have to be HAACP compliant, that as much as i no

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

you could sell it at one of the various markets maybe. My GF's sister used to sell jewellery at one of the markets, no hoops to jump through at all. Food may have more restrictions but at that level I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

hi im tring to sell something cooked by me is kind of kandy, here in Dublin

i know that i need a permit, ok, but where can i get all this information?
    were do i need to go?

can u help me?

Bord Bia would be able to provide you with info.

for instance if selling in Farmers Markets read this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

You need to be licensed to sell food you make yourself, and your premises will need to pass muster with the Environmental health officers (EHO). They will inspect your production area regardless of whether it's in a factory or in your own kitchen.

Have a look at the FSAI website for info and legislation related to food production, the HSE and Dublin City Council websites (EHO's work for the HSE in conjunction with the local county council). The legislation will apply regardless of whether you're selling to shops, or in markets.

Try also looking at the Food forum on this site for further info.
    If you need funding, pester Enterprise Ireland and FAS for grants and other support.
    As above, bord bia are also there to provide info.
    Try also dublin enterprise board.

And the best of luck to you, it's not an easy road to travel, but there's never a recession for new ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

You may also get help from Teagasc at a later point if you do go into production

Advertisement