Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any1 no anything about the Aras Derek Hill apartments near LYIT ??

Options
  • 30-08-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

What are they like in terms of value etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Where about are they? Cant say I've ever heard of them

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭user12

they are the ones opposite the college in an industrial estate?

Ah, well if it's the apartments I'm thinking of then I'd stay clear from what I've heard. I'm not going to go into detail as I'm not 100% if its the same place but I'd definitely try and find out more if you're thinking on staying there

what have you heard??...im not sure if i will go for it or not...they look like there not kept up to standard?
    from what I can see there seems to be a glass door or window in the kitchen?...is that safe?
    ballyrainne halls seem nicer?

I had a friend staying in apartments around there I think it was 3 years ago, they were unkept and had problems with the fire alarms going off every night which was never fixed. The college recommended people to move elsewhere and they were eventually shut down by the safety inspectors as far as I know.

Again I'll say that I'm not sure if its the same place and maybe they've been brought up to standard but I'd definitely try and find out more if you're moving there

Ballyraine is ok yeah depending on what type of student you are, if you're social and like partying then its about the best place in town but if you want somewhere quiet then a definite no!

• Advertisement

the derek hill apartments are the ones furthest away from the college on the left?

http://www.property.ie/property-to-let/Student-Accomadation-Derek-Hill-Apartments-Letterkenny-Co-Donegal/764376/

I found that on google, from what i can see there it looks nice but iy could be different inside!!

I think they are the ones furthest from the college on the left...

i found this pic online,looks ok but sure inside could be totally different!!

http://www.property.ie/property-to-let/Student-Accomadation-Derek-Hill-Apartments-Letterkenny-Co-Donegal/764376/

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭-donegal-girlie

user12 wrote: »
    I think they are the ones furthest from the college on the left...

i found this pic online,looks ok but sure inside could be totally different!!

Drove down to have a look at the outside of these the last day. Very run down, black bags of rubbish everywhere. A matress in the middle of the road, letterboxes and security cameras hanging off the walls, Broken windows. I couldnt get away from there quicker :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

As far as I know from last year the heating in some of the flats was basically.....non exsistant! Plus the roof caved in one evening in one of the flats. That was thankfully near the end of the year for the occupants!

Yeah I think the general idea is to stay well clear from the place then:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Harps wrote: »
    Yeah I think the general idea is to stay well clear from the place then:p

Most definitely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Stay away at all costs! Ballyraine if your looking for appartments.

Advertisement