Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote access via UPC Cisco cable modem

• 30-08-2010 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Mac running 10.6.4 and Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac. Both are up to date.

I have a UPC Cisco cable modem (EPC2425) and an Airport Extreme base station.

I have an Ubuntu virtual machine running that I would like to be able to access remotely.

The cable modem has the LAN IP address 192.168.100.1. The Mac has an address in the same range. The Ubuntu virtual machine also has an address in the same range.

I can ssh to the virtual machine from the host Mac and another Mac on the internal wireless network.

I am unable to connect to the virtual machine from outside the LAN.

I've tried configuring port forwarding, but to no avail.

Any and all help or suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

DFD.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You often need to open 2 ports in both directions not the one port in one direction for ssh, pcanywhere and timbucktoo on the mac and indeed ftp require at least 2 ports

Furthermore you may need to open both ports in udp as well as tcp, ssh uses tcp only

Advertisement