Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serious shredder jam

• 30-08-2010 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

This seemed like the most appropriate place to post this. PLease tell me if there's a more specific forum I can use. My son recently stacked a bunch of old invitations into the shredder and it half-shredded them before jamming. The reverse button doesn't push them back (I don't think the paper is touching the blades anymore) and the paper can't be pulled out because the stack is too thick. It's also a thicker than average type of paper. Not sure what the exact kind is. I've taken out virtually every trace of paper in the blades already and I can still hit the reverse button and they move just fine, though this has no effect on the paper. The auto setting will only work occasionally but not properly. I've tried looking for help on this subject, but the advice is generally both useless and patronizing. I believe the model is known as a Challenge cross-cut by the way. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have you stipped it down to make sure you have removed all the paper?

Has he broken the motor / distorted the axels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Fire or water?
    Warning: may make things a lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Victor wrote: »
    Have you stipped it down to make sure you have removed all the paper?

Has he broken the motor / distorted the axels.
    ... or paper sensor is jammed (or broken) ..that happen to my shredder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Slouch

I doubt the motor is broken if reverse mode is still functioning. The paper sensor seems like a possibility. How would I go about verifying it though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

well, the best way is taking shredder apart completelly

• Advertisement
Advertisement