Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conspiracy confirmed

• 30-08-2010 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

I've had my thread entitled "Does boards.ie support totalitarian censorship?" completely deleted from this forum with no explanation, no notice, nothing. It's a if it never existed even though it had two replies, one of which was from a moderator from another section of boards.ie. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

So, this is one conspiracy we can safely say is true. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

There's a feedback option. Use it.

(Pssst don't post it in the open or they'll hunt you down and IRL permaban you)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Prove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

demonspawn wrote: »
    I've had my thread entitled "Does boards.ie support totalitarian censorship?" completely deleted from this forum with no explanation, no notice, nothing. It's a if it never existed even though it had two replies, one of which was from a moderator from another section of boards.ie. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

Shocking stuff I must say, fairly sure I commented on it aswell, was wondering where it went from my CP, so came here to check on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Or else an ironic joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"Does boards.ie support totalitarian censorship?"
    That would imply Boards.ie did nothing but parrot State agenda and propaganda, all the while hailing the great leader for making the sun shine.

You'll discover a lot of dissent is well-permitted here.

Accusations of Boards.ie ltd. having its Own political agenda on the other hand, should be directed to hello@boards.ie or PM DeVore

• Advertisement

Sparticle wrote: »
    There's a feedback option. Use it.

(Pssst don't post it in the open or they'll hunt you down and IRL permaban you)
    IIRC he did post it in feedback, and was told take it to the CT section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

This isn't true. move along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

zuroph wrote: »
    This isn't true. move along.

You're saying my thread was not deleted? Where'd it go then? A mod even posted on that thread. I can't remember his name but his location was Syndey, Australia. His post was "Without a doubt -- Yes". I didn't know if he was joking or not, apparently he wasn't.

Edit: Mahatma Coat also posted on that thread, 2nd post. I resent being called a liar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Its their boards they can do what they like with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Its their boards they can do what they like with it

I'm sure many regular posters who come here to exchange thoughts and ideas would disagree. Maybe admins or whoever pay the fees for the server (Google does actually) but these are our boards. We make it what it is. Without us boards.ie is completely pointless. The site owners would do well to remember that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

For now....:D

But yeah, the thread was deleted.

I would imagine it was because it had degenerated into a bitching session about Scofflaw within about 3 or 4 posts. It wasn't a CT it was a veiled attempt to insult and badmouth a CMod

Please, do enlighten me with your vastly superior vocabulary and understanding of the English language.

Yet it remains massivley popular.
    I think its overmoderated too, but they can do what they like with it, its there board, and what they're doing would appear to be working, because I don't know of a more active board in the country

yekahs wrote: »
    For now....:D

But yeah, the thread was deleted.

I would imagine it was because it had degenerated into a bitching session about Scofflaw within about 3 or 4 posts. It wasn't a CT it was a veiled attempt to insult and badmouth a CMod

It wasn't at all. I've made complaints that go nowhere. I've reported posts and nothing happens. That's what it was about.

If there were posters dragging the thread down, they should have been asked to leave by mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, like that post ever existed! You're a plant, working for the Illuminati.

It wasn't at all. I've made complaints that go nowhere. I've reported posts and nothing happens. That's what it was about.

If there were posters dragging the thread down, they should have been asked to leave by mods.

I'm open to correction....but I don't think accusing a mod of "totalitarian censorship" is part of the disputes resolution procedure.

The procedure is simple. You mail the mod. If you're not happy with their response, you mail the CMod (nesf) If you're still not happy, then you go to the help desk. If you are still not happy then....you can safely assume you are the problem and not the moderator.

PS I've a feeling that this thread is going to be dissapearing soon enough too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

yea i saw it last night on boards.ie too...by the way has anybody noticed how nothing exciting is posted on the cork city thread !!

I'm open to correction....but I don't think accusing a mod of "totalitarian censorship" is part of the disputes resolution procedure.

The procedure is simple. You mail the mod. If you're not happy with their response, you mail the CMod (nesf) If you're still not happy, then you go to the help desk. If you are still not happy then....you can safely assume you are the problem and not the moderator.

PS I've a feeling that this thread is going to be dissapearing soon enough too.

I'm quite aware of the complaints procedure. I posted that thread as I believe that my complaints were falling on deaf ears. I've had several posts deleted with no mod notice, now I've had a complete thread deleted. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Isn't one of boards main rules that you don't have free speech?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

There was no such thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Threads sometimes disappear , i don't know why , it could be hackers ! :confused:

There was a thread on how to build free energy devices on one the forums and it vanished .
    That is serious suppression .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Overheal wrote: »

Accusations of Boards.ie ltd. having its Own political agenda on the other hand, should be directed to hello@boards.ie or PM DeVore

DeVore is a freemason, conspiracy confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Well that's all the evidence I require. Open and shut case.

uprising2 wrote: »
    DeVore is a freemason, conspiracy confirmed.

Ex Freemason

You're saying my thread was not deleted? Where'd it go then? A mod even posted on that thread. I can't remember his name but his location was Syndey, Australia. His post was "Without a doubt -- Yes". I didn't know if he was joking or not, apparently he wasn't.

Edit: Mahatma Coat also posted on that thread, 2nd post. I resent being called a liar.

I replied to your thread aswell, and everything you said was correct.

cordially
    Uprising;)

I also posted on that thread and was wondering what happened to it .

Ex Freemason

What's the story with devore?, is he the main man round here, a man of "influence"?, why PM him for info on political agenda as overheal suggested?.

When did he leave the mason's?, or is it a decoy and really he's still in the funny handshake club..........

Where's talkiewalkie?, why was he banned?, anybody know??, let me know what happened Talkie, missing you already, haha, get a new email, ip changer and come back and say hi.

• Advertisement

What's the story with devore?, is he the main man round here, a man of "influence"?, why PM him for info on political agenda as overheal suggested?.

As far as I know he founded boards.ie, so thats how he'd know if they have a secret agenda.
    When did he leave the mason's?, or is it a decoy and really he's still in the funny handshake club..........

Going from memory here, but I think he said he left. It was in one of the threads here.
    Where's talkiewalkie?, why was he banned?, anybody know??,
    Now that is a good question!!

Why was talkiewalkie perma banned ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Threads like this never end well. There's a sitewide rule which states that moderating decisions are not to be discussed outside of Feedback and Helpdesk, which is why I assume the other thread was deleted.

If you keep posting about the issue outside of those 2 forums and ignore the warnings not to do so, you'll most likely get a ban.. and it's not worth it really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

espinolman wrote: »
    Why was talkiewalkie perma banned ?

Asking too many questions...

If you keep posting about the issue outside of those 2 forums and ignore the warnings not to do so, you'll most likely get a ban.. and it's not worth it really

Are they going to ban us all !

Galvasean wrote: »
    Asking too many questions...

What question's did he ask?

When did he ask them?

On what thread?

On what forum?

Who did he ask these questions?

How many questions can one poster ask before being banned?

Can you make your questions sound like suggestions and avoid the ban?

Why is a freemason running boards?

Is devore a shapeshifter?

Does he eat babies?

Does he invite cmods round to his place for sex orgies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I made a thread in the Bargain Alerts section "bargain alerting" users of the very cheap prices on some of the sexlines on the Sky Digital channels, namely Dirty Talk (sky digital 920) offering 35p per min, and Filth (sky digital 921) offering 50p per min.

It was deleted without any warning or explanation the day after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

demonspawn is probably butthurt because a mod warned him several times to stop being an idiot, I think he was eventually banned for a week.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I made a thread in the Bargain Alerts section "bargain alerting" users of the very cheap prices on some of the sexlines on the Sky Digital channels, namely Dirty Talk (sky digital 920) offering 35p per min, and Filth (sky digital 921) offering 50p per min.

It was deleted without any warning or explanation the day after.

Must have been the most exciting 17.5p you ever spent.

How much was the carpet cleaner?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Must have been the most exciting 17.5p you ever spent.

How much was the carpet cleaner?

Personal abuse.

Mods?

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Personal abuse.

Mods?
    Click the report post button, it's not that hard to figure out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yeah I posted in that thread, It was a Valid Point being raised in the CT Forum,

'are Some of the Mods openly Biased and Hostile to CT?'

Obviously by the deletion of the thread we get our answer.

Scofflaw is a law unto himself, he is Definitley hostile to CT, and rather Rude, Condesvending Arrogant & Ignorant towards anyone who posts something he disagrees with.

The thread should not have been deleted IMO as it was rather relevant to the CT forum.

AAAAAAANYWAY, I suggest we wait til Bonkey gets back and ask him to have a word with Scofflaw,

Ok, points have been made and hopefully they've been taken on board by the relevant parties.

Requesting this thread be locked before it descends into madness. (comparatively speaking, of course ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

There was a thread on how to build free energy devices on one the forums and it vanished .
    That is serious suppression .

This one? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055697660
    Was moved to lifehacking, and any thing that was promised from "free energy" supporters never arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Are they going to ban us all !

I'm demonspawn!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't recall seeing any such thread...

(they're onto me! run! save yourselves!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Where's talkiewalkie?, why was he banned?, anybody know??, let me know what happened Talkie, missing you already, haha, get a new email, ip changer and come back and say hi.

he got a ban for sending an abusive pm and will be back on the 13th of august:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

And for clarification, I deleted the last thread as it was full of accusations against Boards users, was full of abuse, didn't belong here. I'd have deleted this one, but Bonkey got to it first. This is not a conspiracy, it's enforcing the charter (which, as Bonkey points out, we were asked to do more rigidly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I don't see the issue... there is a clear charter for the forum and every forum on boards.ie. If you want to post you have to follow them, as does everyone else. Every time I've been infracted or told to cool it I have without question been breaking or bending the rules. Given the constant crying from some people in here with the slightest criticism of their beliefs you think they'd be glad of these strict rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Somehow, I missed demonspawn's request to have this thread locked.

Thread locked...and I've removed my now-obsolete posts from earlier today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement