Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which do you prefer?

• 30-08-2010 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Which do you prefer & why?

4936144810_efe83b8426_b.jpg

4935563251_a39a1f6d0a_b.jpg

Cheers,
    pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Colour Photo, To me it has more character, story. Depth of colour on the skyline is appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Colour, pretty much same as above it has punch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

charybdis wrote: »

I did but thought only 1 person replied. Only noticed now that there were two more replies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The Random Thread is not really the place to ask for comments like that. Much better in a thread of it's own, like here.

I also prefer the colour version as presented here. TBH I am not really taken by either shot. The Mono could work better but not with the conversion method you have used. It looks like a straight desaturation and is very flat. To work as a mono I feel you need more tonal range, especially in the sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Much as I lve B&W and minimalism at times, I agree with CS here. Your mono version is too flat, lacks 'pop' - maybe a boosting of the black levels, clarity and contrast?

For that reason, I prefer the colour too. Bit too much sky, but it's solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I just used Flickr to convert to B&W.
    I have CS5 but haven't used it yet.
    Would someone take the colour photo and convert it to B&W & outline the steps, I could see the differences between it and my B&W version. That way I could see the differences.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Hmmm, I could give it a go, but I process different every time. It would be very rough. I could give it a go, show you the side by side and simply note the steps I made. Rather than showing visual steps. Will try later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

126095.jpg

Quick conversion. Put a layer of Black on top set to Colour.

Adjusted contrast on layers below.

Advertisement