Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyefinity adapters finally cheap!!!!

Options
  • 30-08-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭

Excellent and about time:
    http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=9192
    But good news! AMD has worked with several companies to produce a lower cost, active DP-to-single-link-DVI adapter that will be for sale very soon (today actually!) for only $30. The adapter only supports resolutions up to 1920x1200, which should be more than enough for nearly all users and those of you with triple 30" panels can probably afford the $100 adapter anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nice. Now to buy 2 more monitors :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Overheal wrote: »
    Nice. Now to buy 2 more monitors :/
    just add to cheap ass second hand 19" screens to see if you like it and if you do go the whole hog, adverts.ie FTW

I bought the mega expensive Sapphire one, but i do envision going 3x larger than 1920x1080 and scaling down for the meantime( i.e. if i spend an absolute fortune on screens i want to get 5-7 years out of them )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

do these adapters have the 3 screens running 1920x1080 or do hey have 1920x1080 stretched across the 3 screens (proper eyefinity or nerfed eyefinity)

do these adapters have the 3 screens running 1920x1080 or do hey have 1920x1080 stretched across the 3 screens (proper eyefinity or nerfed eyefinity)
    each screen is 1920x1080, the expensive adapters support the full display port resolution hence the nutty price

Its already been know for a while that some of these cheap adapters work but the whole thing has been hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so you cant get those great eyefinity resolutions like 3480x1080 etc. ? i know the dell active DP adapter is like 80 euro with free shipping now

• Advertisement

so you cant get those great eyefinity resolutions like 3480x1080 etc. ? i know the dell active DP adapter is like 80 euro with free shipping now
    yes you can, with the cheap adapters you should be able to go to 5760x1080

Advertisement