Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M1 TOLL

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

J16 is my daily exit. Not a thing wrong with it. I see no potholes and traction is fine.

UK motorways are repaired and maintained just like ours and every other.

Our Toll roads are very well kept and worth the charge. Paid €8.50 in Tolls from Cork yesterday. Got to Dundalk in just over 3 hours with a pleasent drive involving no pressure, cruise control all the way. Worth every cent.

Join the m1 at J16 S' bound, the traction runs out mid corner, it would be better if they just left normal surface. IMO thats misfeasence.
    If you haven't noticed the road condition for at least 300 metres joining, including turrets and major irregularities, please tell me which car to buy:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

ligertigon wrote: »
    Join the m1 at J16 S' bound, the traction runs out mid corner, it would be better if they just left normal surface. IMO thats misfeasence.
    If you haven't noticed the road condition for at least 300 metres joining, including turrets and major irregularities, please tell me which car to buy:pac:

In fairness to Ligertigon, the texture of the road surface is a little inconsistent around there; in some spots it's rougher than others.

However, if your 'traction runs out' as you come around the bend, I would suggest that you have a long hard look at your tyres!

EDIT: And I think you mean "nonfeasance". The following is from wikipedia:
    Nonfeasance is to ignore and take no indicated action - neglect.
    Misfeasance is to take inappropriate action or give intentionally incorrect advice.
    Malfeasance is hostile, aggressive action taken to injure the client's interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

ligertigon wrote: »

It's nothing like you describe. I drive a 10 reg insinis with traction control. You sould get your tyres checked out.

I also think it's clear you didn't drive around here pre-M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Cllr. Ken O Heiligh

George Monbiot wrote a chapter about it in his book Captive State. There's a short summary of the carry-on here.

It didn't happen overnight. There was a huge campaign of civil disobedience and legal challenges. A lot of regular people were taken to court a fair distance away and it cost them a lot. I'm not if we'd do that in Ireland.

30 year Toll on Drogheda. Getting a copy of the contract is proven impossible?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement