Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do fetac courses work?

• 30-08-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering could someone explain to me how they work. Like do im doing one this year and want to go on to w.i.t next year, do i apply through the cao again? are the exams at the end of it like the leaving cert? Just trying to get an idea of what its going to be like! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering could someone explain to me how they work. Like do im doing one this year and want to go on to w.i.t next year, do i apply through the cao again? are the exams at the end of it like the leaving cert? Just trying to get an idea of what its going to be like! thanks

You normally apply through the CAO but check with your PLC provider and WIT. Most PLc courses have continuous assessment, you do assignments during the year and then you also have exams at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CMD Training

Hello,

The fetac courses are run in loads of different locations throughout Ireland. They are ran in local FÁS, vec's, IT's and most private training centres as well.

Duration:
    The lenght of a FETAC course differs depending on the course in question.
    For example, you could do a FETAC Level 5 in Web Authoring one evening per week [3 hours x 10 weeks]. While some other FETAC courses could take 6 months.

Cost:
    The cost of your course may be covered by a FÁS grant is you are not working and can usually range between 300-500 Euro. Again this can rise up to a thousand Euro depending on the course in question.

Structure Of Course:
    Normally a FETAC course requires you to complete an exam and or project in order to receive your FETAC accreditation.

To View List Of Avilable FETAC Courses:
    Visit the FETAC site at www.fetac.ie and visit the directory of awards section where you can search by industry FETAC List Of Awards

Level Of Difficulty:
    FETAC Level 5 courses start with the Basics so you should have no problem with whatever topic you pick. The Level 6 are a little more advanced and tend to go into more detail than that covered in the level 5.

Hope this helps, best of luck with your studies! :)

Advertisement