Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hurricane danielle!

Options
  • 30-08-2010 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

apparently we're in for waves end of this week!

anyone got in further insight in this?

The outlook is for continued interesting, longer period swell for the East Coast US, Canada and the Caribbean for the foreseeable and we're very confident now that Hurricane Danielle will announce the awakening of Autumn surf for European surfers after a somewhat mellow summer of surf. A bit early just at the minute but we're not far off looking potentially interesting for the start of the European leg of the tour.

Oh and we're keeping an eye out for Europe too, this storm that's brewing mid Atlantic is pretty much looking like someone's dropped a giant rock in middle of the ocean. Swell is propagating like giant ripples in a pond hitting all coasts including Europe - more exciting still the latest models show Hurricane Danielle heading back across to Europe and losing little of the passion for swell generation she's shown so far. We're talking early next week for the first pulse and then towards the end of next week and the weekend for the potential for some solid long range Hurricane power to be felt from Ireland and the UK south all the way to North Africa.-magic seaweed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

pswanto wrote: »
    apparently we're in for waves end of this week!

anyone got in further insight in this?

The outlook is for continued interesting, longer period swell for the East Coast US, Canada and the Caribbean for the foreseeable and we're very confident now that Hurricane Danielle will announce the awakening of Autumn surf for European surfers after a somewhat mellow summer of surf. A bit early just at the minute but we're not far off looking potentially interesting for the start of the European leg of the tour.

Oh and we're keeping an eye out for Europe too, this storm that's brewing mid Atlantic is pretty much looking like someone's dropped a giant rock in middle of the ocean. Swell is propagating like giant ripples in a pond hitting all coasts including Europe - more exciting still the latest models show Hurricane Danielle heading back across to Europe and losing little of the passion for swell generation she's shown so far. We're talking early next week for the first pulse and then towards the end of next week and the weekend for the potential for some solid long range Hurricane power to be felt from Ireland and the UK south all the way to North Africa.-magic seaweed

Whoo hoooo.......... bout time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

I got VERY excited looking at magic seaweeds forecast for the end of this week and onwards, but then wondered if it was wrong LOL! some lovely clean waves beginning to build at Lahinch today, small and weak but if they are the shape of things to come then it's gonna be awesome later this week:D:D:D

now if I can just remember how to surf.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

LavaLamp wrote: »
    I got VERY excited looking at magic seaweeds forecast for the end of this week and onwards, but then wondered if it was wrong LOL! some lovely clean waves beginning to build at Lahinch today, small and weak but if they are the shape of things to come then it's gonna be awesome later this week:D:D:D

now if I can just remember how to surf.....:p

what he/she said!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

Forecast looking awesome, especially for Kerry Area. Wondering if Inch or Rossbeigh might be good Friday. Or maybe Brandon Bay or Banna Strand. Don't have time to head further west in Kerry to other spots that I know better.

My plan is to hit Brandon bay tomorrow...!!:cool:

• Advertisement

That should be epic, unfortunately I have to work - in Dublin, but Friday I am there. Please post report here,

Brandon bay was exceptional today, really good....

OK, thanks, may check it out tomorrow. What part of the beach is the least Knarl? Where the campsites are?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

im in conemara next week hopefully the waves will stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

Tullan wasnt have bad either...

• Advertisement

OK, thanks, may check it out tomorrow. What part of the beach is the least Knarl? Where the campsites are?

I just went straight in where the cars park by john knoxs sheds. The waves were clean and looooooooooong, you could pick a spot on the beach... It was great.... would be good for SUP boards too, there was plenty of lull between sets....

Advertisement