Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrads in UL

Options
  • 30-08-2010 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is it too late to apply for a postgrad in UL at this stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

fire_man wrote: »
    Just wondering is it too late to apply for a postgrad in UL at this stage?

Its not an ideal time to apply, but its not unheard of people getting into a postgrad in UL at this stage [I'm talking from experience where classmates got in well after deadlines only 12 months ago]...

Its best to contact postgrad admissions [email address not handly to me right this second] or contact the course director of your chosen course directly and see what happens.[/email]

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

It really depends on what type of postgrad you're talking about enrolling on. Taught Postgrads usually kick off about now, but if everything was in order you could conceivably get a late entry; maybe!

Research Postgrads are different as there is a regular meeting of the University's research committee and they approve/shoot down all research applications on a semi regular basis....once a month i think (don't quote me on that).

Best bet is to contact the dept.'s own offices or interested lecturer for further info.

Ring the head of the course you wish to apply.

I started 3 weeks late last year, and I had a choice of two seperate postgrad courses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭fire_man

When are the taught postgrads starting?is it next monday?

No. any taught course started yesterday. Its not too late, as I said, once you are there for week 3, (20th sept), you should be fine. Labs and tutoriels dont generally start until then anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement