Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym

Options
  • 30-08-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,845 ✭✭✭

Anybody recommend any good deals for a gym in the city, on the dole at the moment and trying to get fit again, but dont hae too much money for a gym unfortunately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I'd be interested to see how low gyms will go for that.

Subscriptions must be down a good bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody recommend any good deals for a gym in the city, on the dole at the moment and trying to get fit again, but dont hae too much money for a gym unfortunately.

The gym at Leisureland is pay-as-you-go. Not bad if you don't want a big outlay. Both NRGs have come down a lot but are still way overpriced. Kingfisher at the college can be got at around €200 for the year with a bit of haggling.

There was a thread about this recently - the Galway City Gym out on the Tuam Road is also pay-per-session.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

The gym at Leisureland is pay-as-you-go. Not bad if you don't want a big outlay. Both NRGs have come down a lot but are still way overpriced. Kingfisher at the college can be got at around €200 for the year with a bit of haggling.[/QUOTE

:eek: Really? I paid €250 when I was still a student and I think if you had no association with the college it was €600 or something.
    Shame the pool and gym are so crowded, otherwise it might be worth the haggle.

I'm with Peak Physique, I got an offer in my mailbox about joining for a year for €149. Normally it's €199 I think. But if you sign up to their mailinglist, I wouldn't be surprised if they're sending out offers around this time of year....It's not state of the art, but they have the normal equipment, and a punchbag, plus normal stuff like sauna and steamroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

+1 for Peak Physique. There are always machines free and the staff are very helpful. No pool but not a major issue for me. I think they do free trials as well so you could check it out before having to sign up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement