Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Cooper Boards For Beginner

Options
  • 30-08-2010 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I Have been surfing about 10 + times now, I got one lesson on a foam top, and then used a few mates BIC 7'10 and NSP 7'10. I kind of like the NSP as it seems a bit more mobile. As a beginner I have been told that these boards are pretty good for me as they take alot of abuse. But I have been reading about Roger Cooper a shaper in Wales who makes mini mals for beginners, he sells them on ebay. I probably won't be buying a board until October, but I wanted to know people's views on these boards for a beginner, would I damage it easily?
    By the way I am 5' 9" and 10.5 stone

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINI-MAL-surfboard-ROGER-COOPER-new-76-x-21-3-4-/140444881699?pt=UK_Surfing

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

he has a web site to and on his ebay page he says shipping to ireland is expensive I'd call him and have a chat about it.

Polly boards do ding easily if you don't look after them but they can be fixed either by you (read an online gide just google) or by a pro. At the end of they day you have a board that not every body has and has a little bit of sole. His prices are in sterling so don't expect them to be megga cheap it'd still be worth an email or call.

His reference to made in UK is setting him appart from imported asian boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

he has a web site to and on his ebay page he says shipping to ireland is expensive I'd call him and have a chat about it.

Polly boards do ding easily if you don't look after them but they can be fixed either by you (read an online gide just google) or by a pro. At the end of they day you have a board that not every body has and has a little bit of sole. His prices are in sterling so don't expect them to be megga cheap it'd still be worth an email or call.

His reference to made in UK is setting him appart from imported asian boards.

Thanks for the reply, I don't care too much if it looks good I just want a board will be good to surf and maybe better than an NSP or BIC. I can get it posted to friends in Northern Ireland.

Advertisement