Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some from Howth ... C+C

• 30-08-2010 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

1. I like it even if it is overcooked!

4929591426_36ea35f9d8_z.jpg

2. Black + White version, which is better ?

4928991855_7194f9d264_z.jpg

4928963815_5235332752_z.jpg

4. (what plant is this ? Lilac ? )

4927426475_379cb8d13e_z.jpg

Cheers for any C+C, I'd love some tips on how to improve these !

Danke

Comments

Dunno if it's just me, but the horizon line seems way off? I'd straighten that up. :)

I don't see any reason to use black and white in such a photograph (the colour is what makes, it, in my opinion) so I'd definitely prefer the colour version of number one.

Three is a nice shot, too, in my opinion. Looks really nice. Makes me want to head out that direction some time.

I'm not really into four, though. Think the depth of field is a little too shallow. Would prefer if the flowers were all in focus (though the out of focus background is grand) - That's just my thought on it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

I like the mono version and I think the blue is a bit over-saturated in 1 & 3. And horizon as KKV said :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

I vote for the mono version too. Not a fan over the overcooked colour - but that's just me. I like how the texture comes across in greyscale.
    The horizon does look a little off... but I think that's clouds or mist or ... ghosts or something. And I'm pretty sure that's heather that plant ... if my primary school nature walks serve me correctly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I really like the first 2. I prefer the b/w as the colours are for me oversaturated in #1. I'd also rotate them a little to get the horizon flat. Well done!

- FoxT

Advertisement