Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wordpress-how to add caption AFTER post added?

• 30-08-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

HI,
    When I upload a photo to my wordpress photo blog I can add
    title
    caption
    description
    etc.

After I've added a post I can select 'edit' but where/how can I then add a title, caption, description etc?

Also can I rename the photo filename after I've added it?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Because it's all stored in a database, and you have to be able to get to the password for the database user. (It's in your wordpress configuration file if you need to look it up.) you can log directly in to the database and manually edit the database records to reflect the changes you need to make.
    I would suggest this option as a first step.. more as a last-resort.. and I'd suggest making a backup of the entire database first.. as you could very well screw it up to the point where it would need to be completely re-installed. (the database, not wordpress itself. )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

Why don't you just use Flickr, or Pix.ie, or any of the other sites designed specifically for this purpose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

You can't build your own brand name with someone else's brand name in the way. I believe there was a discussion around his selection of his domain name.

and.. are Flickr and pix.ie really meant to be for photo blogs.. as opposed to simply collections of photos? Not to mention.. how much control do you have over how things are presented to the end-user on a site where everyone's "photo stream" looks pretty much exactly the same.

I think with a photoblog.. he's probably aiming for the content around the image to be at least as important as the image itself.

although.. I'm not him.. so I could be just blowing smoke out me arse. ;)
    charybdis wrote: »
    Why don't you just use Flickr, or Pix.ie, or any of the other sites designed specifically for this purpose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I can use d code from pixie to post a pic in my wordpress blog.
    But then I don't have d option to add caption etc.
    I was old these are all important doe SEOptimization....
    (I have flickr &pixie accounts and also a photo blog)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

dinneenp wrote: »
    I can use d code from pixie to post a pic in my wordpress blog.
    But then I don't have d option to add caption etc.
    I was old these are all important doe SEOptimization....

Its the theme you are using that is probably not allowing you to do it. Speak to Bhalash or give me a call and I can go through it as I have a WP site also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

dinneenp wrote: »
    HI,
    When I upload a photo to my wordpress photo blog I can add
    title
    caption
    description
    etc.

After I've added a post I can select 'edit' but where/how can I then add a title, caption, description etc?

Also can I rename the photo filename after I've added it?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Go back into your post, and single click on the image -then you'll see two icons appear, one like a landscape, and the other a red ring with a line through. Click the landscape one and you can change all the details of your image (title, caption etc) though for some reason you can't add a description.

You can't change the filename from the admin panel I'm afraid

Advertisement