Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Deadline Day As it Happens...........

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Think he just prefers to be the big fish in a small pond. No offense intended to Spurs.
    He chose us back in 2005 over much bigger clubs which suprised a lot of people and now he chose Spurs when he could possibly have went to a bigger team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Also signed a Belgian Keeper named Ruud Boffin,who was on trial.

What a name

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Spurs stockpiling again. Four right backs, three attacking midfielders and thee goalkeepers all of whom are better than Arsenal's first choice. I cannot fathom why Pletikosa would want to be a third-choice stopper. That's basically giving up on playing football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Spurs stockpiling again. Four right backs, three attacking midfielders and thee goalkeepers all of whom are better than Arsenal's first choice. I cannot fathom why Pletikosa would want to be a third-choice stopper. That's basically giving up on playing football.

3 right backs none of them ahead of our two cb's playing out of position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

thee goalkeepers all of whom are better than Arsenal's first choice.
    For what it's worth, I'm not sure how impressive Cudicini's ever been in his time at Spurs. His time at Chelsea, yes, but Almunia of the season before last (roughly what I expect to see this year) was better than Cudicini's been for Spurs.

In fact, I think that's why Redknapp would sign a third keeper - his 2nd choice hasn't been very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Almunia has never been good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Almunia has never been good?

Yes he has.

Was there not a theory about how he tends to bottle it at the big clubs a few years back?
    How can someone "tend to bottle it at big clubs" if they haven't ever been to a big club??

3 right backs none of them ahead of our two cb's playing out of position.

Sorry, didn't notice the Kyles had been farmed out.
    DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    How can someone "tend to bottle it at big clubs" if they haven't ever been to a big club??

What's a big club if it's not Real Madrid?

• Advertisement

If you read his post, he said a few years ago, and it can't be a "tendency" if it only happens once.

He also said it was a theory, so it hasn't been proven or disproven yet ;)

Advertisement