Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Deadline Day As it Happens...........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Schalke Sign Klass-Jan Huntelaar from AC Milan.

ha ha SSN already have reporters outside grounds/training grounds :D:D

SSN : Adebayor possibly on loan to spurs :eek::eek:

10 Hours to go :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Asomoah Gyan just arrived at Sunderlands training ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

08.08 BST: Shay Given will be allowed to leave the Republic of Ireland's training camp if an offer comes in for him today. Fulham and Arsenal have been linked with the Manchester City keeper.

07.54 BST: Roma have reportedly offered Julio Baptista to Milan in exchange for Marco Borriello. Boriello is believed to be surplus to requirements at the San Siro following the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

07:38 BST: Joseph Yobo could make a loan switch to West Ham from Everton. Although why he would want to jump onto a sinking ship is beyond us.

07:31 BST: Liverpool are being linked with a move for Utrecht's Ricky van Wolfswinkel. Newcastle are also reported to be tracking the striker.

07:26 BST: Palermo have turned their focus back onto West Ham midfielder Valon Behrami, who could be on his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

OPENROAD wrote: »
    SSN : Adebayor possibly on loan to spurs :eek::eek:

The early wheeler dealer catches the worm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

07:31 BST: Liverpool are being linked with a move for Utrecht's Ricky van Wolfswinkel. Newcastle are also reported to be tracking the striker.

Its amazing I doubt all that many had heard of him before the Celtic game, but now he is being linked with a move to the Prem.

A bit of Julio Baptista news, the only time I ever hear about that chap is transfer window closing. He is like Benjani.

SSN:
    - Adebayor & Given both staying at City this transfer window
    - Hleb waiting on a work permit for a £5m transfer to Birmingham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Iago wrote: »
    SSN:
    - Adebayor & Given both staying at City this transfer window
    - Hleb waiting on a work permit for a £5m transfer to Birmingham

Disappointed that Given is staying. He's too good to sit on the bench.

Great move for Birmingham that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lol, modern football makes me cry.

I don't think Given will stay, I think its just someone counting their chickens before they have babies.

9 Hours to go :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Drunken Ferguson says on Twitter that Heskey has been seen at Newcastle.

I'm sure andy carroll is bricking it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Jurado (Atheltico Madrid) and Huntelaar (Milan) both confirmed as Schalke signings for 11 & 14 mil. Euro.

Decent enough frontline with the two and Raul.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Hleb for 5million? This could be deal of the season.

Stuttgart are after Mladen Petric according to lots of different German sources as well as Mauro Camoranesi. Could be something there as Petric played for VfB manager Christian Gross at FC Basel for a few years.

If that deal went through we should at least have a go at signing Van Der Vaart again.

I can dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Looks like Shay had decided to stay for the money, rather than taking a hit in his pocket to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Who else thinks OPENROAD is going to sleep and setting his alarm to go off every hour?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Id say he wants to fight for his place in a team with a chance of winning something rather than anything else. If he goes to Fulham he will finish his career having not won any medals, or played in the Champions League. That has to count for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Nailz wrote: »
    Who else thinks OPENROAD is going to sleep and setting his alarm to go off every hour?

Now I realise why Enrique Iglesias wrote that song Hero :pac:

Looks like Shay had decided to stay for the money, rather than taking a hit in his pocket to play.

Incorrect

he's 34 i'm sure money plays a part but i honestly think he's gonna try and slog it out and get his place back. Just look at chelsea when cech had a bad run last year it would of been great to have back up like given.

8 hours to go :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Iago wrote: »
    8 hours to go :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

boooo :D

Missed it by a minute Iago.

disappointed-cat-is-disappoint-23393-1252295716-93.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

cmon Wenger get that pen and paper out.. there's a goalie calling you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Am shocked that Hleb's proposed move to Birmingham is permanent, I expected it to be a year loan in expectation that Hleb would move to a bigger premier league team after the year. Will be shocked if the deal goes ahead. Will certainly be a coup for us and one of the deals of deadline day

Robinho spotted in Liverpool according to sportinglife.com :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Am shocked that Hleb's proposed move to Birmingham is permanent, I expected it to be a year loan in expectation that Hleb would move to a bigger premier league team after the year. Will be shocked if the deal goes ahead. Will certainly be a coup for us and one of the deals of deadline day

He was on loan at Stuttgart last season, and had a truly terrible season. I think he might be past his prime, and 5m is nothing to be sniffed at for someone who really hasn't shown anything in the last 2 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Xavi6 wrote: »

Now that would be interesting :eek: after reports of him saying he wants a move to Italy or Spain. Depending on the deal, it could be good business.

Hleb has proven himself to be shít over and over again. How he ever got a move to Barcelona amazes me. Might be decent for a mid table club, but no way will he ever play for a club who intend on winning leagues again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

lol. not a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Probably just on the way home from a crazy Monday night at Cream or one of those places, waiting for the bus back to Manchester i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

gimmick wrote: »
    Hleb has proven himself to be shít over and over again. How he ever got a move to Barcelona amazes me. Might be decent for a mid table club, but no way will he ever play for a club who intend on winning leagues again.

I disagree with that completely, I always thought Hleb was a quality player that had unbelievable technique when he was with Arsenal. The only downside was his reluctance to shoot even from 6 yards out, but I thought he was a key player in our 07/08 campaign especially.

Obviously I saw little of him when he moved to Barcelona so maybe he went downhill then. I reckon it will be a very handy signing for Birmingham if it goes through.

I disagree with that completely, I always thought Hleb was a quality player that had unbelievable technique when he was with Arsenal. The only downside was his reluctance to shoot even from 6 yards out, but I thought he was a key player in our 07/08 campaign especially.

Obviously I saw little of him when he moved to Barcelona so maybe he went downhill then. I reckon it will be a very handy signing for Birmingham if it goes through.

His inability to shoot showed a distinct lack of confidence in his own ability. He somehow got a move to Barcelona, where he started off absolutely awfully, and was onm the scrapheap after a few months.

His move to Stuttgart was not exactly a raging success either.

Ill be glad to see him off Barcas wage bill

gimmick wrote: »
    Ill be glad to see him off Barcas wage bill
    Any idea what wage he was getting at Barca, he will be lucky if he gets more than £50,000 a week

Marcus bent gone on loan to wolves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

9 hours to go :eek:

..I feel so dirty

10:53
    spacer.gifPete Fraser:
    Skysports.com understands that Besiktas have launched a surprise bid to sign out-of-favour Tottenham striker Robbie Keane on a season-long loan.

Skysports.com understands Everton are lining up a move for Wolfsburg striker Grafite.

Sky Sports are reporting that Birmingham have completed a deal with Jean Beausejour, a star of Chile's world cup campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomercato/31-08-2010/borriello-robinho-ora-71974837053.shtml

Apparently Robinho is on a private jet provided by Berlusconi on his way to Milan. Borrielo is close to going to Juve on this 1-year loan followed by an option to buy next summer which is all the rage in Italy these days.

Armand Traore has gone to Juve on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

common woy get the finger out:o

Mario Gomez and Bryan Ruiz arrived liverpool airport (rumoured)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Riquelme has signed for West Ham - (rumoured) and Carlton Cole is at Anfield as we speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

gavredking wrote: »
    Now that would be interesting :eek: after reports of him saying he wants a move to Italy or Spain. Depending on the deal, it could be good business.

He was able to get a cheaper flight out of Liverpool than Manchester, thats all.:)

I love the idea of a bloke with a laptop sitting at the arrivals at all the airports up and down England just looking for anyone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I love the idea of a bloke with a laptop sitting at the arrivals at all the airports up and down England just looking for anyone :D

thats kinda weird but w/e your inta pal :p

strange doh that people actaully are doing this

This is a great link for minute by minute updates -

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/index_wk.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement