Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm off...

• 31-08-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

...to Armenia later today for the game on Friday.

Hopefully it's a good trip with 3 points in the bag and some great images to transmit back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Indeed, post the pics here !

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

lucky fecker....then again .... I'm in Maui .... (getting burned alive) .... didn't get as much diving as I wanted - but then again - have been walking on lava and within inches of Eagle Rays and loads of tropical fish.

Enjoy the game - will watch out for the result ..... honest !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The lovely islands of Hawaii.

Hopefully Ireland can do the business in the qualifiers. Enjoy your trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Bring us back something nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭rameire

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I'm in Maui ....
    whyulittle wrote: »
    Bring us back something nice!

Hey PCPhoto....Have you managed to see any sea turtles and get me a pic yet? hehehe :D;)

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

soccerc wrote: »
    ...to Armenia later today for the game on Friday.

Hopefully it's a good trip with 3 points in the bag and some great images to transmit back.

Have a great time! Look forward to seeing the photos :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Then again ... with the Irish squad dropping like flies, it could be interesting to see who actually plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

rameire wrote: »
    Hey PCPhoto....Have you managed to see any sea turtles and get me a pic yet? hehehe :D;)

+1 , and post some pics of those volcanoes !!

heres some lava...myself and the GF in front of it and ... a turtle pic - that the girlfriend took....I wasnt lucky enough ....yet !!! ... still havent dived and looks like I wont be able to as we have some stuff booked for tomorrow and cant dive 24hrs before we fly (we're off to vegas on fri)

will hopefully get some snorkeling in between now and friday and hopefully get a turtle pic of my own.

126160.jpg
    126161.jpg
    126162.jpg
    126163.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

heres some lava...myself and the GF in front of it and ... a turtle pic - that the girlfriend took....I wasnt lucky enough ....yet !!! ... still havent dived and looks like I wont be able to as we have some stuff booked for tomorrow and cant dive 24hrs before we fly (we're off to vegas on fri)

will hopefully get some snorkeling in between now and friday and hopefully get a turtle pic of my own.

126160.jpg
    126161.jpg
    126162.jpg
    126163.jpg

nice shots paddy ...long way from the four courts :) enjoy!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

that turtle picture is amazing!
    come on IRELAND!

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    that turtle picture is amazing!
    come on IRELAND!

thanks .... girlfriend is already gloating about getting it ... and I'm the professional photographer !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

I'm off to Hawaii too the week after next! I cannot WAIT! I'll be ordering my underwater disposable today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

Enjoy the trip to Armenia.

Should be some interesting shots from there.

thanks .... girlfriend is already gloating about getting it ... and I'm the professional photographer !!!

hahaha! :D

Pics are fab!

I'm off to Hawaii too the week after next! I cannot WAIT! I'll be ordering my underwater disposable today ;)

do you know which Island you are going to ... or will you be jumping islands ?

Can give you details of how to get the lava pic - its a fairly easy trek - but if you fall you WILL get a nasty deep cut or five..... lava is like glass when you fall on it. (ideally you'd get there about dusk .... by the time we trekked it was dark when we arrived - a flashlight is a must for the trek back)

if you visit Maui - there's at least 1 place I'd recommend a snorkel (there are boats which do a snorkel tour type thing - but if you have a rental car you can drive to the same beach and just snorkel in the same area)

as for cameras you can rent some underwater cameras over here - I brought a Canon g10, g11 (but left that in toronto - long story - wont even go there !!) .... Fujifilm f31D and Canon 5D .... all with housings.... when we were snorkeling the other day I was using the 5D and a 50mm macro - I've learned.... use a wideangle....they get right up to you !!

FOR MAUI - go snorkeling as early as possible .. and as soon as the sun sets.... its fairly dead, no a whole lot of partying...then again - most people on Maui are on their honeymoon.
    make sure to wear plenty of suncream when snorkeling and a tight t-shirt/rash vest....a loose t-shirt will "ride up" and leave you with a nasty red burn on your lower back.....I've got one !! ... and it hurts !! ..... went out the next day and got a 1mm neoprene vest.

do you know which Island you are going to ... or will you be jumping islands ?

Can give you details of how to get the lava pic - its a fairly easy trek - but if you fall you WILL get a nasty deep cut or five..... lava is like glass when you fall on it. (ideally you'd get there about dusk .... by the time we trekked it was dark when we arrived - a flashlight is a must for the trek back)

if you visit Maui - there's at least 1 place I'd recommend a snorkel (there are boats which do a snorkel tour type thing - but if you have a rental car you can drive to the same beach and just snorkel in the same area)

as for cameras you can rent some underwater cameras over here - I brought a Canon g10, g11 (but left that in toronto - long story - wont even go there !!) .... Fujifilm f31D and Canon 5D .... all with housings.... when we were snorkeling the other day I was using the 5D and a 50mm macro - I've learned.... use a wideangle....they get right up to you !!

FOR MAUI - go snorkeling as early as possible .. and as soon as the sun sets.... its fairly dead, no a whole lot of partying...then again - most people on Maui are on their honeymoon.
    make sure to wear plenty of suncream when snorkeling and a tight t-shirt/rash vest....a loose t-shirt will "ride up" and leave you with a nasty red burn on your lower back.....I've got one !! ... and it hurts !! ..... went out the next day and got a 1mm neoprene vest.

Yikes I hope I don't fall on any lava! I'll be on the big island (for a job interview!!!) but hopefully I'll have some time to island hop around. Where did you go for the lava shots? Hopefully I'll make it to Maui. Where can you rent underwater cameras at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

It's hot here.

7F509DB24515444489E3F3FA2861B9D9-0000314842-0001890069-00640L-910D377480874EE582F89F05B9FB037A.jpg

Yikes I hope I don't fall on any lava! I'll be on the big island (for a job interview!!!) but hopefully I'll have some time to island hop around. Where did you go for the lava shots? Hopefully I'll make it to Maui. Where can you rent underwater cameras at?

Lava is on Big Island ... goto Highway 130 (from Hilo) ..., turn off and head to Highway 137 ... till it ends at a small town ... follow a few people across the lava ...theres a track ...easy enough to find - stay close to the cliff edge to find the track.

Wear long pants and take your time ...oh and bring a flashlight for the journey back....it could get dark fast.

Ps. not a whole lot happens in Hawaii after sunset

PPS ... Soccerc ... how hot ? - we're heading into 39/40 Celcius tomorrow (Vegas).

Cool thanks for the tip! Just realised I forgot the charger for my digital camera...eep. Film all the way so! I'm in downtown Austin tx right now...I'm off to shoot a few rolls!

• Advertisement
Advertisement