Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melbourne: Rep of Ireland -Armenia

Options
  • 31-08-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can watch this game, would be interested in meeting up with a few paddies to start off our 2012 campaign.

Have been in Melbourne 10days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

when is it being played date time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

http://www.cheersbar.com.au/Sports.htm

Thats in Sydney mind, but any bar with Setanta should be showing her live so. Were on the road again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭res ipsa

Republic of Ireland will play Armenia away on 3 September, kick-off 8pm local time, we are 5 hours ahead of Yerevan, so 1am early saturday in Melbourne.
    Plenty of time to "warm-up" before the game on friday nite:D

Saw the french game in cheers fr damo, it was madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Elephant and Wheelbarrow in St.Kilda :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

They'll prob show it in Pugg Mahones as well. Since its 1am Fri nite/sat morn, I'm guessing every Irish bar in the city will be showing it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭res ipsa

From digging up the thread on the french game last november, im thinking that Pugg Mahones is where there will be the most x-patdies watching the game, am i right?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Does anyone know if Bridie's in Brunswick shows matches?

I know the one in the city does but the Brunswick one is a lot closer to home and it'd be handier. Don't know if I want to traipse all the way into town to watch us play Armenia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

res ipsa wrote: »
    From digging up the thread on the french game last november, im thinking that Pugg Mahones is where there will be the most x-patdies watching the game, am i right?

There will be loads in Pugg's alright; Bridie O'Reilly's on Lt Collins St will be packed too. Either is a safe bet for meeting Irish in Melbourne.

I have a party on Friday night that I’m meant to be going to but could be tempted to try and catch the game as well. Although all the Irish people I know in Melbourne I meet through a board’s pub crawl I organized for Paddy’s day (mental day) and the 5 a side football team but most of theme have gone home now so let me know where you guys end up going and I might join you for the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Pjs on southbank should be showing it too, watched cork dublin game there. Good enough atmos, nothin mental. But should be a different story on a friday night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

paulieeye wrote: »
    Pjs on southbank should be showing it too, watched cork dublin game there. Good enough atmos, nothin mental. But should be a different story on a friday night ;)

Pjs are definitely showing it. They have it up on the notice board beside the bar. I was chatting to the barman in the celtic club during the week and he says that they are showing it too.

• Advertisement

Timistry wrote: »
    Pjs are definitely showing it. They have it up on the notice board beside the bar. I was chatting to the barman in the celtic club during the week and he says that they are showing it too.

Sweet, pjs show the matches in the sidebar so you'll get the commentary. Celtic bar is a good laugh as well...we're spoilt for choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Sweet, pjs show the matches in the sidebar so you'll get the commentary. Celtic bar is a good laugh as well...we're spoilt for choice!

The celtic bar have $6 pints of Kilkenny all this month. I have drink smithwicks on occasion so I will be able to manage in once its some way decent.

celtic bar was closing doors at 12 and puggs was completely shut up shop...closed on a friday night at 12..cad e sceal?? ended up in pj's

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

celtic bar was closing doors at 12 and puggs was completely shut up shop...closed on a friday night at 12..cad e sceal?? ended up in pj's

Strange. Thought for sure they'd be open. Glad I just watched a stream instead. Bloody woeful game it was.

Advertisement