Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student UPC Broadband- Installation fee???

• 31-08-2010 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm a student living with 2 other students this year and we are lookin at broadband. UPC seems to be the most reasonable -
    http://www.upc.ie/studentoffer/broadband/fifteen/

It mentions that the router is free with this package. However, I noticed this in the conditions
    -'' Installation is carried out by a third party installer. UPC will not be responsible for the installation. A €30 Equipment Activation fee applies for each Fibre Power Broadband service that is not ordered online. Order online to receive free connection''

I'm confused when it says ''UPC will not be responsible for the installation.''
    Does this mean that we will have to pay the third party installer a fee for labour, or do upc take care of that (assuming we order online)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

What they mean is they use contractors to do the installation and if they destroy your property then your beef is with the contractor not them.

Installation is free if ordered online.

Also I love how they give you the months free when everyone will be going home and not be in the house =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Limericks wrote: »
    What they mean is they use contractors to do the installation and if they destroy your property then your beef is with the contractor not them.

Installation is free if ordered online.

Also I love how they give you the months free when everyone will be going home and not be in the house =/

Thanks a million. Yeah i know waht you mean about the 'free' months. The student rates are just the standard rates with these 'free' months that we can't actually use.
    Thanks for the advice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Rothmans wrote: »
    Thanks a million. Yeah i know waht you mean about the 'free' months. The student rates are just the standard rates with these 'free' months that we can't actually use.
    Thanks for the advice:)

Could always do rock paper scissors to see who gets to transfer the account to there other house for the summer for the free months :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

this offer also works for part time students, my OH is in college evenings and we got the offer, and will be there to use it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is a 9 month contract not a 12 month one from what I remember. You may exit at the end of May and owe them €0...but do get the equipment back to UPC not leave it in the house or else keep it for the summer and get the deal this time next year like some characters I know iin Galway just did!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Runs Cold

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It is a 9 month contract not a 12 month one from what I remember. You may exit at the end of May and owe them €0...but do get the equipment back to UPC not leave it in the house or else keep it for the summer and get the deal this time next year like some characters I know iin Galway just did!!!

all UPC contracts are for 12 months now. the 4 months free bb or tv & bb mean students will not have to pay for the service when they are not using it and there is an option for free house move for the next academic year. there are no 9 month contracts..

Advertisement