Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loads of snow this winter

Options
  • 31-08-2010 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

i saw some were that the La Nina weather phenomenon in the us will give us and the uk a load of snow do yous think this is true??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭fishmahboi

I don't really think it will happend since it is a bit too early to suppose there will be loads of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Actually La Nina usually delivers the exact opposite to this part of the world. Personally, I see more of a correlation with sunspot numbers.
    Two cold winters in a row in Ireland are exceedingly rare.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Supercell wrote: »
    Actually La Nina usually delivers the exact opposite to this part of the world. Personally, I see more of a correlation with sunspot numbers.
    Two cold winters in a row in Ireland are exceedingly rare.
    The word snow and he's out of hibernation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Mothman wrote: »

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Mothman wrote: »

When the natural cycle sees most creature retreats to hibernation at the slightest chance of snow! :D He's a rare one alright!! :)

I am of the opinion that this winter will be bitterly cold and we will be in for anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks of true winter as we get pummelled by artic winds from the heart of siberia. I sank down my water pipes three foot this year to ensure I always have water even in the biggest freeze up! I have noticed this week all the butterflies have begun retreating indoors for the winter hibernation and have 5 of them stuck to the ceiling here above the desk! Judging by the butterflies they know whats coming!

Let it snow
    Let it snow
    Let it snow!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Stinicker wrote: »
    When the natural cycle sees most creature retreats to hibernation at the slightest chance of snow! :D He's a rare one alright!! :)

I am of the opinion that this winter will be bitterly cold and we will be in for anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks of true winter as we get pummelled by artic winds from the heart of siberia. I sank down my water pipes three foot this year to ensure I always have water even in the biggest freeze up! I have noticed this week all the butterflies have begun retreating indoors for the winter hibernation and have 5 of them stuck to the ceiling here above the desk! Judging by the butterflies they know whats coming!

Let it snow
    Let it snow
    Let it snow!!!

You do realise that if we have a truly severe winter you will just have put your pipes into deep permafrost. Which will take weeks to melt, good look digging them up and pouring a kettle on them down there!:D

Advertisement