Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rafa...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Stupid article in Daily Mail shocker.

Rafa's ned kelly and dress sense has nothing to do with his ability as a manager, but still his days are surely numbered.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

Another pointless Daily Mail article...;)

Inter didn't sign him to play, they want him to manage the team:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Less than half as long as he (wrongly) lasted at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

News flash, 50 year old man not up to date with the latest fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Welcome to nearly 2 months ago.

Everton fan? I hate to break it to you, but you guys end up having a shít start to the season. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Worst thread ever......

Worst threads ever......

FYP

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Papa Smut wrote: »
    FYP

:pac:

i-see-what-you-did-there-ceiling-cat-27940-1250313420-23.jpg?1256847224

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I was here.
    It was shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ah Daily Heil. Don't ever change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ah, having a go at a man for reasons completely irrelevant to coaching in football, keep up the fine quality there Daily Fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Pathetic just pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

this is actually kinda cute. x in the city didn't like hearing people talking about dignity dave leaving Everton for Villa, cause somehow he has convinced himself that Everton are better than Villa at the moment. So instead he creates a thread taking the piss out of Senor Benitez in an effort to take the focus off dignity dave possibly packing his bags. Good try x. You still owe me money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mr Alan wrote: »
    this is actually kinda cute. x in the city didn't like hearing people talking about dignity dave leaving Everton for Villa, cause somehow he has convinced himself that Everton are better than Villa at the moment. So instead he creates a thread taking the piss out of Senor Benitez in an effort to take the focus off dignity dave possibly packing his bags. Good try x. You still owe me money.

He still hasn't paid up? What a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Oh no, Rafa's fashion sense is awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You still owe me money.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He still hasn't paid up? What a man.

Yup, what was the bet? Disgraceful anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nothing worse than a welch.

RasTa wrote: »
    Yup, what was the bet? Disgraceful anyway.
    That Torres would stay at Liverpool. Supposedly him gettin injured at the world cup makes the bet void :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

They are just trying to be intentionally hilarious for once instead of just being unintentionally hilarious like they are oh, 99.9999999999% of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

There should be an amendment to the charter allowing mods to permaban welchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

when i saw this thread, i knew it would contain a post from you...

anyway, 0-0 last night for Inter, a typically boring rafa performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Jesus Alan resist I'd say this thread was posted to get you going. it's as rediculous as the mourinio one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Xavi6 wrote: »
    There should be an amendment to the charter allowing mods to permaban welchers.

Is xenophobia allowed now. Craig Bellamy will be closing his account. :D

I never even took my coat off, I knew I wouldnt be staying long.....

Surely theroakerroar was the safer bet? Afterall it is a vaguely Liverpool related thread.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It would be more in the Daily Mail's line to compare that result to the dashing Mourinho's scintillating 0-0 in his first game at Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That Torres would stay at Liverpool. Supposedly him gettin injured at the world cup makes the bet void :rolleyes:

Lol, that's pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I for one thought Majorca played brilliantly, Real don't have the devine right to batter everyone in Spain, it's a tough league and very few teams fail to put it up to each other. On the other hand Inter hold a different type of position in Italy, they should be beating most teams in that league, especially a team like Bologna who has just sacked their manager a day or so before the game.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

And of course:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

That's silly. Has your club drawn 0-0 in recent history?

It would be more in the Daily Mail's line to compare that result to the dashing Mourinho's scintillating 0-0 in his first game at Madrid.

Real Madrid were away to a team that were 1 point away from qualifying for the Champions League last season.

Bologna finished 17th last season, one place away from relegation.

There's simply no comparision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Real Madrid were away to a team that were 1 point away from qualifying for the Champions League last season.

Bologna finished 17th last season, one place away from relegation.

There's simply no comparision.

Yes but didnt Mallorca sell half their team in the summer. I`m pretty sure they started with 5 or 6 players who were in the reserves last season.

Either way, it was an underwhelming display by Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

This is why i dont buy the daily mail.

He doesnt wear a coat or shoes, must be a shít manager :rolleyes:

Sure Fergie wears his shorts so high up they could be around his neck at times:P

What do Ryan Giggs and X in the City have in common?

They're both welch-men.

Pretty pathetic not paying the bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You'd know the Daily Mail was a newspaper aimed at women. Even the sports section contains an article about the fashion sense of two managers and that the better dressed one must be the better manager!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

in fairness lads. He is pretty fat :D

Fromvert wrote: »
    Pretty pathetic not paying the bet.

Honestly, why would anyone think a bet made on an internet forum would be honoured?

I sincerely doubt Alan would have paid up either.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Honestly, why would anyone think a bet made on an internet forum would be honoured?

Plenty of bets from here have been honoured, money usually going to charity

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I've had plenty of bets over the internet paid and I've honoured all of mine. I'd guarantee if Torres had left x in the city would be on here screaming for his money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I would generally have thought boards was more of a community than a random forum. Also, I won 50 euro from Mr Alan last season in relation to Liverpool outside the top 4, and not only did he pay, he actually came looking for my details so actually these bets are, and should be honoured.

X in the city should be banned until payment IMO

also, what happened you roker, I recall your very first introductory post, you seemed pretty decent in it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Archimedes wrote: »
    What do Ryan Giggs and X in the City have in common?

Absoluterly nothing is the correct answer - mainly because Ryan Giggs is universally admired, x in the city is...well, whatever the opposite of universally admired is.

Fair play if that's the case.

I'm just basing my opinion on other cases I have heard of of bets not being honoured on the internet.

Apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I hate welchers but there should be no betting in this forum really. There is a gambling forum and anything like that should happen over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

flahavaj wrote: »
    Absoluterly nothing is the correct answer - mainly because Ryan Giggs is universally admired, x in the city is...well, whatever the opposite of universally admired is.
    He is a welcher, thats what its called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Better than Corrie this sh*t!:pac:

*grabs popcorn*

Fair play if that's the case.

I'm just basing my opinion on other cases I have heard of of bets not being honoured on the internet.

Apologies.
    I've paid out plenties of money in relation to bets i've made on this forum.

Again, apologies.

Moral of the story - Al is wrong most of the time. :pac:

no worries. i think what a lot of newer people (and i ain't referring to you here) need to realise is that the community feel on this forum ain't like other forums online-a lot of people here have met and had beers watching football, gone to watch boardeaux games etc. the place is kinda losing that feel and its a bad thing imo.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Moral of the story - Al is wrong most of the time. :pac:
    I yas actually gonna say that!:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement