Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rafa...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

also, what happened you roker, I recall your very first introductory post, you seemed pretty decent in it....

I'm not sure what you mean, mate? I just give an honest opinion on things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm not sure what you mean, mate? I just give an honest opinion on things.

Well you try to get under peoples skin and get people to react, and you succeed most of the time, thats just my opinion though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well you try to get under peoples skin and get people to react, and you succeed most of the time, thats just my opinion though

Cheers for the response, but I honestly don't.

I'll give my opinion on here, whether that be in relation to Sunderland matters, Newcastle matters, Liverpool matters, etc and I'll be honest in what I say.

I've made numerous posts on numerous forums on here that people have agreed with, and disagreed with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I'm sure Mr Alan would of paid his debts on here so x in the city should definitely pay up.

At least donate the 50 quid to charity or something. No respect for people who welch on a bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i'd be up for the 50 being donated to a charity of my choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Payyourdebt_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i'd be up for the 50 being donated to a charity of my choice.

50 euro into the Liverpool coffers so!!!

Good man Al! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

It really is pretty embarrassing that it has to come down to this. You wanna be a big man and run your mouth fine. When you commit to a bet man the **** up and pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Dear God all I wanted was a funny pic and it wasn't even that good.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

flahavaj wrote: »
    Dear God all I wanted was a funny pic and it wasn't even that good.:eek:

nice try tho flah.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

speaking of bets, how long has boggles left on his year long exile from the forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

its permanent as far as i remember. and he doesn't miss the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

its permanent as far as i remember. and he doesn't miss the place.

Really? I thought it was just for the season.

Fair enough but I bet he still reads it! *hi Boggles*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Fromvert wrote: »
    I've had plenty of bets over the internet paid and I've honoured all of mine. I'd guarantee if Torres had left x in the city would be on here screaming for his money.

Yeah, sure I remember a time when x in the city and legs11 were both posting here about money they thought they were owed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Yeah, sure I remember a time when x in the city and legs11 were both posting here about money they thought they were owed!

:rolleyes:

moi?

moi?

You still haven't referred back to Al's post. Are you paying up or what?? Torres is still here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

moi?

You gonna pay the money you owe Al to charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Not too regular on here, but welching is seriously not cool. And call me naive but if I put a bet on with someone on this forum I'd fully expected it to be honoured.

X and the city should be banned, if this is not possible due to the charter everyone should stick him on ignore until payment is made.

Ridic thread/article by the way, how did that make it into print?!

tbf, Rafa is not doing the image of a club the status of Internazionale much!

Im not saying you need couture clothes at training but ffs, I seen better managers in local sides sunday afternoon.

I am not impressed with him as a manager, He clearly was not going to ever win a title at pool, and god help him in his new job.

• Advertisement

I welch. Im a welcher. When I welch, I like to ignore the welching accusations aimed at my welching self. I instead change the topic. That what welchers do. Welch. Welch welch welch. Welch all day.

Tbh

Care to give me odds on Inter winning Serie A? Oh no wait...

Archimedes wrote: »
    Tbh

jee...:p, i called off the bet ages ago in fairness. when i realised torres was louis saha in disguise.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Care to give me odds on Inter winning Serie A? Oh no wait...

well they wont win it with rafa, that for sure...!

well they wont win it with rafa, that for sure...!

Honestly what odds will you give me? Once I receive proof that you are not a welcher I would be interested in putting some money on this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Benitez_Inter-298x450.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

jee...:p, i called off the bet ages ago in fairness. when i realised torres was louis saha in disguise.

You can't just call off bets when it's going against you. You made a bet you lost, pay up.

I still have an outstanding bet for Anderson to win the Ballon D'or in the next 2 seasons. You think I could just cancel that bet?

Not a bloody hope son.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I think we should just ban bets on the forum...

Bet we won't though

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Bet we won't though

Just ban people if they Welch. Bets can be a bit banter between the two posters.

• Advertisement

Or just ban welching.

I think bets are good because people spout some ****e in here, but asking them to put a monetary value on their views can make it obvious pretty quickly that they are trolling/don't have the courage of their convictions.

Hence why I don't expect x in the city to come back with me with odds on Inter winning Serie a because if he does he will either have to do either of the following:

a) Give me a good price, hence giving me great value on the best team in Serie A and the team most likely to win it

or

b) admit he is an idiot/spouting ****e/is a troll

Neither of which are particularly palatable options.

Someone on another forum put it better than I'm putting it. Can't remember his exact words but he said that some people will maintain they're right and hold onto an opinion til the cows come home, but if you ask them to stick a monetary value on their opinions they are quiet quickly exposed as retarded/wrong.

Betting is like a stupidity/bull**** filter imo

Also it can be a bit of craic between posters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

mightn't be able to afford 50 euro at this moment in time, he could be a 3rd year student for all we know and doesn't have that sort of money to be thrown away, and yes I know it was a stupid thing to make the bet in the first place.

mink_man wrote: »
    mightn't be able to afford 50 euro at this moment in time, he could be a 3rd year student for all we know and doesn't have that sort of money to be thrown away, and yes I know it was a stupid thing to make the bet in the first place.

So we now have a proven Man U wum backing up an Evertonian who welches on bets who started a thread about a former Liverpool manager who was popular in some quarters but maybe not in others dressing not quite as well as an ex Chelsea manager just so they can take the heat off their poor start to their own season who may well lose their manager to a club with the same stature but with more money and so on and so forth etc etc etc.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Morzadec wrote: »
    Or just ban welching.

I think bets are good because people spout some ****e in here, but asking them to put a monetary value on their views can make it obvious pretty quickly that they are trolling/don't have the courage of their convictions.

Hence why I don't expect x in the city to come back with me with odds on Inter winning Serie a because if he does he will either have to do either of the following:

a) Give me a good price, hence giving me great value on the best team in Serie A and the team most likely to win it

or

b) admit he is an idiot/spouting ****e/is a troll

Neither of which are particularly palatable options.

Someone on another forum put it better than I'm putting it. Can't remember his exact words but he said that some people will maintain they're right and hold onto an opinion til the cows come home, but if you ask them to stick a monetary value on their opinions they are quiet quickly exposed as retarded/wrong.

Betting is like a stupidity/bull**** filter imo

Also it can be a bit of craic between posters
    So then its a bully technique you use?

I sportsbet all the time but I wouldn't come on here offering a bet to somebody I don't know from Adam and tbh I hate the guy that can't put a post together properly so he just throws a bet challenge up.

It shouldn't be allowed here imo. And as I said thats coming from a sports bettor.

Any bets that have been placed in the past should be honoured because welching is seriously bad but it should be stopped from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

this is actually kinda cute. x in the city didn't like hearing people talking about dignity dave leaving Everton for Villa, cause somehow he has convinced himself that Everton are better than Villa at the moment. So instead he creates a thread taking the piss out of Senor Benitez in an effort to take the focus off dignity dave possibly packing his bags. Good try x. You still owe me money.

Moral of story. You bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Link to the post where you called it off and where Al agreed.

Good lad

This posts makes no sense, if he makes a fúcking bet he needs to know the consequences even if he is living on McDonald's coupons. It makes no difference what his situation is. People have made bets on this forum and from the best of my knowledge a large majority have paid up, with most of the time it going to charities from what I've noticed. I can bet that X would have demanded that 50 quid if Torres left at the end of last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I have to say anyone who goes back on a bet in my opinion is pathetic. It's like something a 12 year old would do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He might have been able to collect if he won though yes?

Large sums of money (really large in some cases) get wagered and settled using Internet forums as the communication medium everyday of the week.

At the start of the 08 / 09 season bohsman and I placed a bet on this forum (he had Liverpool finishing outside the top 4 at 3 / 1). No escrow, no reminders, no more discussion once we had posted "booked". He got in touch with me towards the end of the season to make arrangements to pay. No muss, no fuss. The way it should be.

• Advertisement

This posts makes no sense, if he makes a fúcking bet he needs to know the consequences even if he is living on McDonald's coupons. It makes no difference what his situation is. People have made bets on this forum and from the best of my knowledge a large majority have paid up, with most of the time it going to charities from what I've noticed. I can bet that X would have demanded that 50 quid if Torres left at the end of last season.

Thing is, he wouldn't have had to. The day the transfer was confirmed Mr. Alan would have PM'd him to arrange payment.

He may well have posted in public rubbing Al's nose in it though judging by his posting record thus far...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I agree with xavi earlier comment about amending the charter to ban people that welch on bets. Again as someone stated earlier that the forum is a bit of crack and a lot of people know each other and have hung around this forum for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I haven't posted on here in a few weeks, and when I read threads like this I realise I hardly miss the place.

There used to be a real sense of community here, and a poster offering or accepting the terms of a bet wouldn't need to be reminded of the need to pay up should they lose.

Unfortunately that is no longer the case (in some cases anyway). If somebody has a big enough mouth to walk themselves into a bet they should have big enough balls to settle up. I'm not surprised that the individual in question is welching, he has always struck me as a mouthpiece with fúck all to back it up.

I'd support a call for welchers to be banned until such time as they pay their debts, and in this case it might help adjust the signal:noise ratio while he's away.

In the meantime, given Al's decent offer to allow the money be donated to charity, can Alan please nominate said charity and I'll donate €50 myself, just to make sure they don't lose out because of another poster's lack of decency?

I haven't posted on here in a few weeks, and when I read threads like this I realise I hardly miss the place.

There used to be a real sense of community here, and a poster offering or accepting the terms of a bet wouldn't need to be reminded of the need to pay up should they lose.

Unfortunately that is no longer the case (in some cases anyway). If somebody has a big enough mouth to walk themselves into a bet they should have big enough balls to settle up. I'm not surprised that the individual in question is welching, he has always struck me as a mouthpiece with fúck all to back it up.

I'd support a call for welchers to be banned until such time as they pay their debts, and in this case it might help adjust the signal:noise ratio while he's away.

In the meantime, given Al's decent offer to allow the money be donated to charity, can Alan please nominate said charity and I'll donate €50 myself, just to make sure they don't lose out because of another poster's lack of decency?

You were always the man. :)

I'll throw E50 to charity as well. Make something useful of this thread. Let's go Al (Liverpool FC is not acceptable in this case :().

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I bet X and the City regrets starting this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

implied-facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Link to the post where you called it off and where Al agreed.

Good lad

Well said. Where's the proof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

f.t.w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

anyway, 0-0 last night for Inter, a typically boring rafa performance.

ironically enough inter started the last two league seasons with boring draws

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Joke of a thread tbh,it started out with a pathetic article about rafa wearing shorts and top at training, big fcuking deal.
    Bigger fcuking deal that he carries weight.
    Even bigger deal that some guy welches on a bet and the whole thread goes OT and focuses on this bet.
    Sersiously who gives a $hit?
    Ive seen people go slightly off topic many many times on this board and have mods warning to keep on topic,what makes this so different? apart from the all important welcher element to it ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

lol at people trying to defend welching, seriously.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement