Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rafa...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

7 pages but what was the bet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Warper wrote: »
    7 pages but what was the bet?

that Torres would still be a Liverpool player today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

RasTa wrote: »
    lol at people trying to defend welching, seriously.

Not sure if that was directed to my post where i said big fcuking deal? :)

Anyways, you cant defend welchers , most agree with this but does the whole thread have to go OT?
    Ive seen people warned about going slightly OT on posts before yet this whole thread has done so and not a word about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

jee...:p, i called off the bet ages ago in fairness. when i realised torres was louis saha in disguise.

Proof? And was it agreed upon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

gimmick wrote: »
    Proof? And was it agreed upon?

ffs, it was ages ago. I am a student and have no time to go looking for that post!, and in retrospective I hardly expected Alan to pay up anyway, truth be told

considering our,, bit for banter history..:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ffs, it was ages ago. I am a student and have no time to go looking for that post!, and in retrospective I hardly expected Alan to pay up anyway, truth be told

I'd have thought that being a student you would have plenty of time to look for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Have a bit of self respect and donate €50 to the charity of Mr. Alan's choice.

This is pathetic tbh.

You can't call off bet's anyway

Welcher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

read: "There is no post, I'm just looking for a way to squirm out of it as now everyone in the Soccer Forum knows I'm a welch that can't be trusted."

Also, if you expected no-one to pay up then what the fcuk are you making bets for?

Also also, Mr. Alan would have paid up as he has a track record of paying up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

monkey9 wrote: »
    So we now have a proven Man U wum backing up an Evertonian who welches on bets who started a thread about a former Liverpool manager who was popular in some quarters but maybe not in others dressing not quite as well as an ex Chelsea manager just so they can take the heat off their poor start to their own season who may well lose their manager to a club with the same stature but with more money and so on and so forth etc etc etc.......

Wrong forum.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

X in the City, you have done your name no justice. I'd a thought someone named after a strip club in Liverpool would have no problem payin up on a bet!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

X in the City, you have done your name no justice. I'd a thought someone named after a strip club in Liverpool would have no problem payin up on a bet!:pac:

The fine establishment that it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

lol, remembering some of your posts on the gambling forum I'm not surprised you can't afford to pay €50 X in the city. :pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'd have thought that being a student you would have plenty of time to look for it.

I have to submit a thesis in 5 weeks so not really!

Le King wrote: »
    Have a bit of self respect and donate €50 to the charity of Mr. Alan's choice.

This is pathetic tbh.

You can't call off bet's anyway

Welcher!

I didnt even know what a welcher was until I created this thread.. thought it was something welsh people do.

X in the City, you have done your name no justice. I'd a thought someone named after a strip club in Liverpool would have no problem payin up on a bet!

Im no paulie walnuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This message is hidden because x in the city is on your ignore list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Frisbee wrote: »
    Also also, Mr. Alan would have paid up as he has a track record of paying up.

Hur hur, people keep saying that and I'm wondering to myself just how many times has Mr Alan been wrong? :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You could probably benefit from a ban then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Disgraceful excuse. Don't go on the piss this weekend and pay up the 50 notes to charity. This is pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

David Moyes would never welch on a bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Found time to read the Daily Fail website and post your link here though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Seriously lads time for a new thread it's gone way off topic. And as a final comment..........pay the fluck up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

racso1975 wrote: »
    Seriously lads time for a new thread it's gone way off topic. And as a final comment..........pay the fluck up!

the original topic was freaking rubbish anyway though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

a new season and a new Derp of the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Jazzy wrote: »
    a new season and a new Derp of the season...

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

This thread reminds me of the film "Mean Girls"

Warper wrote: »
    This thread reminds me of the film "Mean Girls"

Was Lindsay Lohan a filthy welcher too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

A mod needs to change the thread title. The first post is way off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I sent this to the mods and I'll post it here too.

I really get sick of these type of threads.

Let me start off by saying that I have no time for welchers.

Now a welcher to me is somebody that regularly bets on things and places a bet that he doesn't pay up when he loses. He only has to fail to pay up once to be a welcher.

Some people who bet on things are not in touch with the real world. There are guys who will place a bet with you which they don't even take seriously and would never expect to get paid up should they win or pay up should they lose.

I've often offered a bet to somebody and they say yeah we'll have a bet on it and have a big laugh and you just know they don't mean it. Obviously I will clarify the matter there and then and tell them to forget the bet if I'm not 100% certain they are genuine. Its very hard to do this on a forum, its a lot different if you know the person like is the case in the situation between LuckyLloyd and Bohsman.

Basically you should never place a bet with anybody you don't know very well.

I don't like that this thread is being let run on the forum, its just bullying and nothing short of it.

I'm thinking of taking this to helpdesk or feedback because the bullying is not on for one thing. Personally I feel that bets should not be allowed on here or at least there should be no judgement of people if they don't pay up on the forum. If you want to tell people about somebody welching you can tell them by pm but I don't think it should be on the forum.

To those who say that you should take an internet forum bet as seriously as one you do in person. I totally agree with that. But you should also remember that in real life you are not going to stand up and shout out that somebody is a welcher in public. You will most likely tell your mates about it and thats why I'm suggesting pm'ing people if you feel the need to tell others.

Anyways I am requesting that this type of thread and this calling out a welcher be stopped. I don't think its on, there is a gambling forum on the site. Personally I don't think that bets should be allowed to be offered on this forum. This is the soccer forum not a betting forum and there is enough trouble in this forum without this stuff going on as well.

Anyways thats my take on the matter and as I've said already I'm an experienced regular bettor who has never welched.

Bullying? Gimme a break :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

So far in this thread we've had

- Trolling ~ against the forum charter
    - Accusations of people being WUMs/Trolls ~ against the forum charter
    - Back Seat Modding ~ against the forum charter
    - Off-topic Posting ~ against the forum charter
    - People attacking the poster not the post ~ against the forum charter
    - Questioning moderation decisions on thread ~ against the forum charter

not to mention demands on moderators and "why hasn't this been closed???" posts, and yet not a single reported post from the thread to highlight that users weren't happy with individual or group content on the thread.

If it hadn't been for the message from eagle eye I wouldn't even know what this thread was about.

Anyway it's closed now, we will have to discuss the whole gambling element of this but

I've always lived by a simple rule. If you make a bet you honour it, you're only as good as your word and the internet isn't anywhere near as anonymous as people seem to think it is. Regardless of that, this is between Mr. Alan & x in the city and should be discussed by them through more private channels imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement