Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registration fees and the grant

Options
  • 31-08-2010 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I'm only supplying some the forms the v.e.c. wanted for the grant application now due to delays with the social welfare. The closing date is today Aug 31st. So I'm not very confident on hearing back too soon due to the high numbers applying.
    I'm hoping the grant will pay my registration fees, but what happens if the fees are due before I hear back about the grant?
    I cant register in this case and this will then delay my btea as the social welfare requires a letter of registration.
    OK I can register, if I pay the registration fee myself but in that scenario can I get the money back iff the v.e.c. subsequently approve my grant application.

Has anyone (I'm sure there is a lot) been in this position in recent years? Can you get the €1500ish back if you pay up front or are you better off just waiting it out,:confused: and delaying the start of your btea as a result?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

yes you get the money back if you are approved

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

Good stuff I was hoping to hear that., I got a letter saying I'm approved for the btea this morning so thats half the battle anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 swish10

You may not have to pay anything in advance except for the €150 (one hundred and fifty) student services fee or whatever they call it. You need to discuss it with the fees office at your college.

Advertisement