Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hints,Tips and advice for first years?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 5:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

So is there any tips and advice etc that we should know about and all that.You know like whens the best nighs to go out,what places are good,which chipper has the best chips,where to avoid going and anything really to get around life in UL.

I was up sunday and I was told too only go to the Lodge on sundays and a few things like that so said I might as well ask here too hah :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

1st Tip: Don't annoy 2nd Years ! (We're an angry bunch !) .....lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭bobo the clown

You're a first year, so I would recommend something along the lines of

Sunday night - Lodge
    Monday Night - Trinity Rooms
    Tuesday Night - Angel Lane/Icon depending on where the crowd seems to be heading
    Wednesday night - Lodge/Molly's??
    Thursday Night - Trinity Rooms

Molly's is a good alternative to the above every night of the week and there is a decent selection of pubs if you aren't interested in Clubs/Late Bars.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are generally the busiest and best nights, although I love Sundays in the Lodge.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I'm gonna point you to this valuable thread created a while back now by UL veteran and pink undies-wearer, Cson, and especially this post there within.

Golden tips in there.

God, I miss UL. What a place. My hint for you all: you're about to start the best four years ever. My #1 tip: enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Make friends with someone who has a car!

Advertisement