Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid Bothar na d'Treabh for a while...

Options
  • 31-08-2010 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

A truck has somehow managed to, not lose his load but lose his back wheels of his trailer....dunno but seems the back axle on the trailer is no longer attached to the truck. Plenty of Guards there anyways.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

At least motorists are obeying the speed limit :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

yeah saw that this morning. The actual container was completely separate from the trailer though. Man am I glad I wasn't behind that truck. Might encourage people to back off a bit from vehicles in front of them though. People really don't keep enough distance <from other cars> on roads.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

magentas wrote: »
    yeah saw that this morning. The actual container was completely separate from the trailer though. Man am I glad I wasn't behind that truck. Might encourage people to back off a bit from vehicles in front of them though. People really don't keep enough distance <from other cars> on roads.

Too true. I would have been flattened one day by a bed flying off the back of a skip in transit on the bridge one morning had I not been keeping a good distance. Just about got stopped before I hit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

The man who was killed on Monday in Co. Mayo was hit by a digger/machinery that came off a low loader truck and struck his car, I know the guy who was first on the scene afterwards and he said the guy never had a chance. You just never know when something unexpected like this is going to happen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Can I thank this post multi-times lol?! I LOATHE Drivers who don't keep their distance behind me plus it's extremely annoying especially at night. A small but still significant I would think percentage of people don't put required amount of space between them and your Car-boot in front of them lol! They are apparently just doing it on purpose, as your(Car in front,) speed is not going fast enough by their standards, so they think this gives them a right to annoy front car then, and the end result is one car behaving with un-due care, and one car being forced into driving a certain way not intended!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

+1

It's a good thing that it didn't happen on the motorway or dual carriageway where the truck (and the traffic around it) would have been travelling at a much higher speed. It could have been a lot more serious.

I was stopped at a red light at the cross roads in Mervue a few months back and a van was going through the lights (he had green); the ladder on his roof flew off as he was going through the junction! Luckily the car behind him was far enough back that the ladder didn't hit him. It the guy behind had been closer the ladder could have came in through his windscreen and caused him serious injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

You will rarely, if ever, see a machine secured with chains on a load loader or tarps covering loads on dump trucks. This is an issue the Road Safety authority will get around to in about ten years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Zzippy wrote: »
    The man who was killed on Monday in Co. Mayo was hit by a digger/machinery that came off a low loader truck and struck his car, I know the guy who was first on the scene afterwards and he said the guy never had a chance. You just never know when something unexpected like this is going to happen...
    Wrong
    A married man in his 60s who lived in Ballyhaunis, was killed while driving a car which was involved in a collision with a van, that was pulling a cherry picker, at Koilmore on the main Claremorris to Ballyhaunis road.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bothar na d'Treabh is clear again.
    Be careful out there on the roads folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement