Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP Mick Lally

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

I don't believe it. I was just reading the brochure for the upcoming season at the Mill theatre and was looking forward to seeing 2 plays with him in it (The Matchmaker and God's Official)

That's very sad news. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Donkeygonads

Poor aul Miley !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭lizzie09

R.I.P Mick Lally

I heard you talk not long ago on Miriam Meets

So sad at your passing...a great actor.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Smiegal

Anglo Irish losses announced today led the headlines over Micks passing.... A sad sign of the times... I remember meeting Mick in a pub in Tralee and giving him a good slagging about himself and Fedelma in the hay barn. He was well able for it. Even sang The Byroad to Glenroe for us.*

A real Gentleman. RIP Mick. Thanks for the memories.*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ab20

Didn't know him personally but as a person who likes acting and takes part a bit I really appreciated his honesty in his craft! Slán agus go raibh míle maith agat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Castletown

The last time I saw Mike Lally was a few years ago in " The year of the Hiker". Mike played the part of the Hiker and died on stage. The theme song through out the play was Red Sails in the Sun Set. This song will now always remind me of Mike , a wondeful actor. His passing, like the passing of Ronnie Drew takes away part of our culture and part of an Ireland that is slowly dying . This makes me sad. Ni bheidh a leitheid ann aris.

Advertisement