Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping electronics to Poland.

Options
  • 31-08-2010 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hey all. I'm moving to Poland in the middle of October and I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that would ship my television and computer to Lodz from Limerick or Cork. UPS are looking for 1700 euro to ship them so needless to say I won't be using them. Surely there is someone cheaper. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Johnny_Trotter

Hi, I used Kurier Europa when I moved to Poland a year ago. The cost was about €1,500 (if I remember correctly), but it was based on the weight, and we had about 7 or 8 boxes with about 160kg of items to move.

If you are only moving a television and computer, it should be cheaper, but I would not know how much... However, we were moving stuff from Dublin. They do deliver/pickup from Cork and Limerick but it is part of their 'Plus' package as opposed to 'Standard', so that could cost a bit more.

However, I should say that it is not exactly one of the big 'professional' operations, as it was basically 2 guys driving in a white van. They drive from Ireland, take the ferry to the UK, drive through Wales and England, and then ferry to France and drive over to Poland, so the whole delivery took 6-7 days from pickup to arrival in Poland.

It helped though that my wife is Polish and spoke (and negotiated) with them in Polish. I'm not sure how good (or bad) their level of English would be.

Advertisement