Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colgate Will pay for dental check up (until Feb 2011)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smileymark

eimear1 wrote: »
    I printed it today no problem, have a copy saved if you want it emailed to you?
    If that would help?
    Eimear

Hi Eimear or anyone else who may be able to help, went and bought the required items and left till the last minute as usual to download the claim form.. no sign of it on the website anymore.. anyone have a saved version they could send on ??? Thanks in advance.. M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Went to the dentist this week and ended up talking to visiting colgate rep. He said they had shifted 10 times normal monthly units and will probably do offer again next year because of success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

smileymark wrote: »
    Hi Eimear or anyone else who may be able to help, went and bought the required items and left till the last minute as usual to download the claim form.. no sign of it on the website anymore.. anyone have a saved version they could send on ??? Thanks in advance.. M

+1

So annoyed I left it until the last minute. If anybody has a saved copy could they please PM me, it'd be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Steak wrote: »
    +1

So annoyed I left it until the last minute. If anybody has a saved copy could they please PM me, it'd be much appreciated.
    Smileymark, Steak - have the form saved, not sure how i can attach file to PM so if you could let me know how, or pm your email addresses i'll get it to you asap!
    Eimear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 thegreen

I printed it today no problem, have a copy saved if you want it emailed to you?
    If that would help?
    Eimear
    Any chance you could email me the form please eimear1 I can't download it either. Thanks!

thegreen wrote: »
    Any chance you could email me the form please eimear1 I can't download it either. Thanks!

No Problem green, PM your email address and it'll be on its way in a mo - anyone know if its possible just to put the doc up here??

Eims

Think i've managed to work out how to attach the file, so here goes
    Eims

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Promis

Thank you Eimear1 for the Claim form.

It's a bit petty and sneaky of Colgate to have a "Download Claim Form" link on their website, but have no form.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

anyone got a spare receipt to scan? booked the dentist and couldnt find all items together in any one shop:(

Promis wrote: »
    Thank you Eimear1 for the Claim form.

It's a bit petty and sneaky of Colgate to have a "Download Claim Form" link on their website, but have no form.

No problem Promis. Probably their way of limiting the number of people they have to pay out to - as it is quite an expensive offer for them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

nightster1 wrote: »
    anyone got a spare receipt to scan? booked the dentist and couldnt find all items together in any one shop:(

:rolleyes:

Just had appt today and form sent off all good. Let's see now whether they try and weasel out of it - think the trick with the form on the website is a sign they ain't gonna pay out too easily!!!
    BTW Dentists receptionist tried to sell me the products when she knew i was there for Colgate offer, wonder if they would doctor the receipt to say they were bought in Sept, or maybe she just wasn't fully aware of T&C's.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Just had appt today and form sent off all good. Let's see now whether they try and weasel out of it - think the trick with the form on the website is a sign they ain't gonna pay out too easily!!!
    BTW Dentists receptionist tried to sell me the products when she knew i was there for Colgate offer, wonder if they would doctor the receipt to say they were bought in Sept, or maybe she just wasn't fully aware of T&C's.

I thought the dental appointment had to be in September(National dental care month?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

No t&c's said that it can be used for a checkup up to end of November... Mines booked for the end of this month...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

No the products had to be purchased before the end of September. The dental appointment has to be before the end of November.

Edit: beaten to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Thanks Eimear1 for that form. This offer reminds me of the Hoover scam many moons ago when they gave free flights to the US. I suspect one will have to have all of ones ducks in a row to get Colgate to pay up on this one. I thought I had done just that until a poster pointed out that the claim form had disappeared from the website - how sneaky is that!

I think us boardsies should post on this thread when we get paid for our efforts - and highlight any issues etc. we have with our claims if they arise.

anyone get a cheque yet? Was wondering if anyone else had teh same prob as me and bought there products in tesco? I bought all the correct items but the reciept only says generic toothbrush, mouthwash, toothpaste...no details saying COLGATE! am i and everyone else who purchased in tesco going to have a problem do you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fantastico

I'm in the same boat as you thegreen, bought all the correct products in tesco but as you say the receipt doesn't say colgate on it at all. I checked their T&C's, they do not mention you cannot buy these products in Tesco if they had I would've bought mine elsewhere. I will be following it up if I don't receive the refund and suggest everyone else does the same.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Fantastico wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you thegreen, bought all the correct products in tesco but as you say the receipt doesn't say colgate on it at all. I checked their T&C's, they do not mention you cannot buy these products in Tesco if they had I would've bought mine elsewhere. I will be following it up if I don't receive the refund and suggest everyone else does the same.

If you go back through the thread, it was dealt with 2 or 3 times.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    If you go back through the thread, it was dealt with 2 or 3 times.

Sorry whiterebel but I was just asking the question. Noone actually did get to the bottom of it so I was just wondering if there was any new updates on it. If anyone had sent a tesco reciept back and if so what the story was.

Did anyone who bought the products in tesco come back and say they got their money refunded? If so I must have missed it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

thegreen wrote: »
    Sorry whiterebel but I was just asking the question. Noone actually did get to the bottom of it so I was just wondering if there was any new updates on it. If anyone had sent a tesco reciept back and if so what the story was.

And I was pointing you to the answer - they couldn't make it any clearer; put a note with the name of the colgate rep you were speaking to in with the form and it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

whiterebel wrote: »
    And I was pointing you to the answer - they couldn't make it any clearer; put a note with the name of the colgate rep you were speaking to in with the form and it should be ok.

I think he was asking if anyone has actually received a refund from Colagate yet to which the answer would be no.

Rang them myself today and guy on the line said that they've had the request a lot now and they will accept the receipt.

Also asked about the form just out of curiosity and he said that they're "looking into it at the moment"

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

Oh thanks Eimear for Claim form.
    Dentist mentioned, that i may not find it on page anymore...ye she was right.

Another interesting thing. Was buying junkie(fluoride) products 2nd time (as i lost first reciept) on last day of September. Guess what - couldn't find toothbrooshes. went through 4 shops and at last found in Bray Tesco most expensive vibrating once for 7.50 each :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Word of warning - I booked in for my scale and polish with Smiles Dental Clinic. they charge €50 for it but girl in there didnt think i would get the refund as it was under the €65. I presumed they would just refund me the €50. Anyone else encounter this?

Anyways she put me down for exam too €40 which would bring total up to €90 and said Id get the €65 back that way. I hopefully will have a chance later to ring them and find out what story is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Business seeks to maximise profit shocker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭wench

fifib wrote: »
    Word of warning - I booked in for my scale and polish with Smiles Dental Clinic. they charge €50 for it but girl in there didnt think i would get the refund as it was under the €65. I presumed they would just refund me the €50. Anyone else encounter this?

Anyways she put me down for exam too €40 which would bring total up to €90 and said Id get the €65 back that way. I hopefully will have a chance later to ring them and find out what story is.

She is some chancer!

From the T&C on the colgate site
    The cheque value will be the price paid by the consumer for the check up or scale and polish as detailed on the receipt up to a maximum of €65.00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

anyone have the contact number for them? cannot get it from the site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭wench

fifib wrote: »
    anyone have the contact number for them? cannot get it from the site
    0818 444 849.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Has anyone received a cheque from Colgate yet for their refund?

Just curious as I thought I had read somewhere that it would be issued within 28 days but not received anything back myself yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

iPhone. wrote: »
    Has anyone received a cheque from Colgate yet for their refund?

just realised it's exactly 28days since I posted mine off - so allowing for bank holiday and postage each way - guess i'll be quids in this coming week :)
    have to keep hopeful at any rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

it will be interesting to see when the first cheques start to turn up

Read somewhere that Colgate had in excess of 18,000 applications, more than anticipated and therefore there is a delay in processing.
    Yeah I know the t&c's say 28 days.

(18000 claims * €50) + (18000 * 54c stamp) = an expensive marketing campaign !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Thats €1,170,000 if everyone claims the full €65. Bet they did not expect that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Anyone get a payment from colgate yet. I sent mine away on the 4th of September with all the correct documentation etc. Still have not recieved payment. Anyone out there got anything yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

greened wrote: »
    Anyone get a payment from colgate yet. I sent mine away on the 4th of September with all the correct documentation etc. Still have not recieved payment. Anyone out there got anything yet?

Nothing yet and I sent everything off on Friday the 3rd Sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Nothing either... I sent off end of aug or start of sept

We will just have to wait. Fingers crossed. Forgot to copy recipts etc which I usally do when sending anything off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Got mine today. The full €65. Thanks, Colgate!

• Advertisement

You must be the first. Congrats:)

qwertz when did you send yours off? Then we'll get an idea when we should expect ours (hopefully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

You must be the first. Congrats:)

Had the whole procedure done and form sent off on the very first day of the promotion, and still havent received any magical 'cheque' yet? The thing is such a scam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Give it a chance they have a hell of a lot of claims to go through, at least one boardie has got their cheque :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Cant seem to access the claim form on website. Does anyone have it as a pdf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

You'll find it as an attachment on this thread...

W.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I think I sent it in on the 6 September. Receipt from Tesco which they accepted without issue. Now those 65 will go towards a root canal treatment :)

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    Had the whole procedure done and form sent off on the very first day of the promotion, and still havent received any magical 'cheque' yet? The thing is such a scam!

Recieved my refund yesterday. I sent mine in very early in September.
    Looks like this is a genuine offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Recieved my refund yesterday. I sent mine in very early in September.
    Looks like this is a genuine offer.

Lucky you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Got mine yesterday, applied mid September.

Advertisement